99% of us will never open an air purifier’s owner manual like every other product we owned. It's not necessarily a bad thing but there is valuable information that we will miss out. This includes safety tips that people often neglected resulted in an air purifier unexpectedly malfunction. Filtration efficiency would also be affected because of the lack of care and proper use. To uphold the air purifier functionality and efficiency, here are some tips that can be found in the manual. Most of these careless habits can be avoided with a little bit of common sense. Nonetheless, we will give you the heads up on what you CAN do and what you CAN't with an air purifier.
Read the manual!
- Do not place air purifier outdoor or expose to direct sunlight as the excessive heat would damage the machine. Operate air purifier in indoor only.
- Do not use an air purifier in excessively humid areas or wet floor where it is at risk of short circuit when in contact with water.
- Air purifier uses a lot of power therefore never use a boost converter/ transformer to step up or step down air purifier’s power voltage. Only use local power voltage and a dedicated socket outlet.
- Do not plug air purifier to a damaged electrical socket to prevent short circuit.
- If the air purifier’s power cord or plug that is damaged, contact the manufacturer for replacement or get a qualified technician to look into it.
- Never operate, insert or pull out air purifier’s plug with wet hands to avoid electric shock.
- Always turn off air purifier before moving or unplugging to avoid damaging the electric board.
- When unplugging the air purifier, grasp the plug and pull instead of pulling on the power cord.
- Do not obstruct, place fingers or foreign objects into the air purifier ventilation intake or outlet.
- Keep an eye on children to ensure they do not play or go near an air purifier.
- Never spray insecticides, fragrance or other flammable materials around an air purifier.
- Do not modify, disassemble or fix an air purifier by yourself unless specifically recommended in the manual.