Who is this for?A dust air purifier would be beneficial to people that are hyper allergic to dust and experiencing sneezing or stuffy nose. Well suited if you are living in a dusty environment that can trigger allergies through inhalation or contact. Also great for newborns, infants, or children with their developing lungs. Elderly or recovering patients because of their weakened immune system.
2020 Best Air Purifier for Dust Removal
|Air Purifier||Online Price (Amazon)||Dust & Dust Mites||Filtration||Coverage||Score|
|Blueair Pro XL Air Purifier|
|Best||3-stage||1180 sq. ft. (110 m2)||9.5|
|Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier|
|Great||4-stage||326 sq. ft. (30 m2)||9.3|
|Airmega 300 Air Purifier|
|Great||4-stage||1256 sq. ft. (117 m2)||9|
|Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier|
|Great||4-stage||360 sq. ft. (33 m2)||8.5|
|Blueair 605 Air Purifier|
|Best||3-stage||775 sq. ft. (72 m2)||9|
|GermGuardian AC9200WCA Air Purifier|
|Best||5-stage||378 sq. ft. (35 m2)||8|
The mother of all air purifiers, Blueair Pro XL is the best air purifier for dust removal for a good reason. For start, you have the segment-best dust CADR in all residential air cleaners verified by AHAM. The official Dust-free CADR is at 950 cfm, followed by Pollen free 900 cfm, and 800 cfm for smoke. That's 4 times the clean air output of a Winix air purifier. Tally with that is the excellent airflow distribution and purifying coverage powered by 3 German-engineered fans. You can expect a subtle noise level from 32 to 58 dB(A) but energy usage can be high with up to 256 watts per hour. Blueair Pro XL is ideal for large room-size e.g. offices, living hall, and kitchen but not so much on the bedroom (overqualified).
Let's look into the sweet 3-stage HEPASilent technology and its specification:
- Dust free CADR - 950 cfm
- Room Coverage - 1180 sq. ft.
- Fan Speed - 3 with Auto Mode
- Air Filtration - HEPASilent Technology with Blueair Pro Particle Filters and Pro SmokeStop Filter
- Warranty - 5 years
Blueair Pro XL powerful 990 cfm airflow delivery rate can cover a massive 1180 square feet of room space. The Trio encapsulated particle-charging chamber ionizer will electrostatically charge particles like dust mites, pollen, pet dander, mold spore that are drawn into the filtration. This allows the trio Blueair Pro3 Particle Filter to swiftly remove irritants with 99.97% efficiency as small as 0.1 microns. For smoke particles, you have the trio Pro SmokeStop filter that can adsorb any chemical fumes and odors including radon, ammonia, CO, CO2, VOCs, and ozone. On top of it all, Blueair Pro XL filter media is made from waterproof, natural antibacterial polypropylene fibers that inhibit microbes growth. The V-shaped filter design prevents trapped contaminants from escaping due to greater depth.
One of the few air purifiers we recommend for places with high air quality index (AQI). Blueair Pro XL is the perfect machine you could get against the dustiest, dirtiest home you can find. It is also the only model in the pro series that comes with the Air Intelligence Module. With it, the auto mode can be enabled that automatically adjusts the fan speed accordingly when there is a high level of pollutants detected. However, Blueair Pro XL is not without some drawbacks though. The powerful airflow and high CADR is sadly reflected in the bulkiness and weight. You will not want to carry this 20 x 44 x 10 in and 71 lb device from room to room. There is also an expensive price tag and high recurring filter cost to deal with. For the price you paid, there is no Wi-Fi pairing, no autonomous mode, and timer. Unless you are staying close to an industrial area or have severe dust allergy, opt for the smaller Blueair Pro L or Pro M. Most households will be content with Blueair Classic 605 air purifier.
In short: Set aside the price tag and very expensive filter replacement cost, Blueair Pro XL is the ultimate dust removal machine that is very easy to operate. No other air cleaner can match the strong airflow with crazy high dust CADR (950 cfm!).
Your best dust removal partner for everyday vacuuming. Even though Coway AP-1512HH Mighty CADR might be miles behind Pro XL, rest assured, it is still a very practical and usable dust catcher. At a very decent price, you will get all the bells and whistles that you would expect from a good air purifier. First, you have a filter change indicator that alerts you to replace the filter is dirty or worn out. Then there is the 1, 4, 8 hours timer that can be set to turn off the device after the selected time frame. Moving to the easy to use controls, there are 2 separate HEPA and Odor filter replacement indicator that will let you know which filter needed replacing when the time is up. You also have an auto mode that will keep the fan speed at low and activate higher speed when there is an increase of pollutants in the air. Eco mode will save energy by stopping the fan when there are no pollutants detected for 30 minutes. With or without autonomous mode, the 3 fan speed will output a quiet 24.4 dbA at the lowest speed and an audible 53.8 dBA at the highest speed.
Going into Coway Mighty specification:
- Dust free CADR - 246 cfm
- Room Coverage - 326 sq. ft.
- Fan Speed - 3 with Auto Mode
- Air Filtration - Pre-filter, True HEPA filter, Deodorization filter, Vital Ionizer
- Warranty - 3 years
Standard but proven 4-stage HEPA filtration guarantee you'll have fewer irritants to worry about. The permanent pre-filter can capture speck of dust and any allergens that travel along. It is also washable and reusable thus trapped debris, dust mites, hair, dander can be easily washed away. Following that is the True HEPA filter that can trap 99.97% of microscopic particles down to 0.3 microns like mold, mildew, pollen, and germs. For chemical fumes, tobacco smokes, cooking, and pet odors, you have the deodorization filter that can remove the smoke particles. Finally, the vital ionizer will pull contaminants down by diffusing negative ions that attach to positive ions particles. It is a safe and natural ionizing method that does not generate any harmful ozone. To complement the purification, Coway Mighty's decent clean air delivery rate comes with dust-free CADR at 246 cfm, pollen-free at 240 cfm, and smoke-free at 233 cfm. Purifying coverage is not too shabby either at 326 square feet of space. Highly suitable for a bedroom, baby room, basement, garage, or living room.
A great all-around dust air purifier that will fit into most people's budgets, there's a very little fault in this wonderful machine. For an air cleaner that can help reduce dust in your home, it is considerably small and lightweight. It is also cheap to own (less than $150) with little recurring filter cost at less than 50 dollars. One picky side, Coway Mighty is in the market for quite sometimes with certain elements feel dated. There is also the short 6 months carbon filter lifespan that is more of a hassle than a performance issue. If you want to breathe in less dust, live healthier without bearing high electricity bills, Coway Mighty is the perfect answer.
In short: An affordable yet powerful 4-stage filtration with genuine True HEPA filter, pre-filter, deodorization, and ionizer. A newer version is available with the same design but incremental improvements.
Hyper-allergic to dust mites yet surrounded by the pesky Lil thing left to right? Coway Airmega 300 is here to save the day. A well-made, modernly designed air purifier with a front real-time air quality indicator. The dotted circle indicator will change 4 different colors accordingly when the air quality is good, moderate, unhealthy, and very unhealthy. This Energy-star rated model only consumes 6 watts of energy at the lowest speed. That is even lower than most portable air cleaner despite the strong airflow output. The noise level is also Airmega 300 strong suit between 22 to 52 decibels. You can use it quietly in the bedroom when you are trying to get some rest after a long day. It is also not overly bulky given the 13.6 x 21.2 x 13.6 in size and 21.4 lb weight. We would appreciate built-in casters like in IQAir but as long as you are not moving it around it's fine.
Here is the key specification of the Airmega 300 air cleaner:
- Dust free CADR - 260 cfm
- Room Coverage - 1256 sq. ft.
- Fan Speed - 3 with Auto Mode
- Air Filtration - Pre-filter, Green True HEPA filter, Activated carbon filter
- Warranty - 5 years
One pre-filter is never enough thus Airmega 300 comes with 2 permanent pre-filter with one on each side of the air inlet. With endless dust particles in the air, the pre-filter is washable and reusable for many years to come. With large particles removed, the well-protected Max2 HEPA can focus on trapping dust allergens as small as 0.3 microns with 99.97% efficiency. Finally, the activated carbon filter will trap chemical smoke and odors that cannot be captured by the HEPA filter. Airmega 300 can cover 1256 square feet of room space at 2 air changes per hour or 628 square feet at 4 air changes per hour. CADR is equally impressive at 260 cfm benchmark. Great for all spaces e.g. living hall, office, bedroom, or an entire floor with doors wide open.
Airmega 300 has many other practical features that can enhance the usability of the air cleaner. You can easily set 1, 4, or 8 hours of interval time when to stop the air cleaner from operating via the control panel. Auto mode will automatically adjust the fan speed according to surrounding air quality. Sleep mode will lower the light intensity and lock that fan speed to low. A separate Pre-filter and MAX2 filter lifetime indicator that reminds you when to clean or replace the filter. There is even a dedicated light button that can disable the front indicator light. However, all these features do incur an extra cost especially in the filter department. You are looking at around 100 dollars cost annually with at least 12 hours of daily runtime. If you just want a simple air cleaning device, there are cheaper dust air purifiers in this list with good discount.
In short: Outstanding 4-stage HEPA filtration with a high 1256 sq. ft. purifying coverage. Tested and proven dust removal machine for everyday use.
Here is the run-through of Winix 5500-2 specification:
- Dust free CADR - 243 cfm
- Room Coverage - 360 sq. ft.
- Fan Speed - 4 with Auto Mode
- Air Filtration - Pre-filter, True HEPA filter, AOC Carbon Filter, PlasmaWave Technology
- Warranty - 2 years
Starting with the permanent pre-filter that works exceptionally well with the True-HEPA filter. When air is drawn into the ventilation, the pre-filter will capture all inflow dust elements including hair, debris, and dirt. Without the large particles clogging up the filter, True HEPA filter can trap finer particles at 99.97% efficiency as small as 0.3 microns. AOC Advanced Granular Carbon would adsorb indoor smoke and odors coming from cigarette, cooking, pet, and even body odor. PlasmaWave technology produces Hydroxyls to help break down allergens, germs, and odors for the filter to capture. With more and more dust taken down in the air, the likelihood of dust bunnies forming is dramatically reduced. You do not have to vacuum every day as there is less dust accumulation in the house.
Let's look into the only con that we could think of. An affordable air purifier that is not so "affordable" in the filter replacement. Like most Winix models, the filter replacement set can be a hassle in the long-run at around 80 dollars annually. Thankfully the pre-filter is washable so you do not have to replace that. Alternatively, consider the cost-effective option 5300-2 if you don't mind dropping a few features. Winix 5500-2 also not the most silent air purifier out there, but given its size and dust removal capability, we have no issue recommending one.
In short: One of the best dust air purifiers that cost less than 200 dollars after discount. Comes standard with a 4-stage PlasmaWave filtration with a decent CADR output.
The classic dust air cleaner model that needs no introduction. Blueair 605 has been around for ages due to its impeccable air filtration performance. The clean white powder-coated panel is very pleasing to the eyes yet without sacrifice the functionality. Being the biggest air cleaner in Blueair Classic lineup, the 20 x 26 x 13 in dimension and 35 lb weight is very bulky and heavy to move around. Thankfully there are 4 casters to ease the movement. As for the controls, Blueair 605 is very easy to use with a single button for fan speed, a filter reset button after you have changed the filter, and a Wi-Fi button. With the Blue Friend app, you can use the smartphone to control the fan speed, enable/ disable LED light, or night mode. You can even lock the controls (child lock), set operation scheduling to the extend of hours and track usage and logs via the apps. Ending with the top-notch build quality, this Sweden built air cleaner comes with an assuring 5 years warranty that guarantees trouble-free ownership for years to come.
Here are the key highlights of Blueair Classic 605:
- Dust free CADR - 500 cfm
- Room Coverage - 775 sq. ft.
- Fan Speed - 3
- Air Filtration - HEPASilent Technology with Particle Filters and SmokeStop Filter
- Warranty - 5 years
Combining the effort between electrostatic and mechanical filtration, the encapsulated particle-charging chamber will electrically charge any inflowing pollutants. The charged impurities will be adhered to the low dense, gradient structure particles filter at 99.97% capturing efficiency. This includes dust, hair, fabric fiber, dust mites, dead insects, mold spore, pollen, bacteria, and viruses that can go as small as 0.1 microns. The SmokeStop Carbon filter traps toxic gas, odors, and can even reduce the ozone concentration level in a room. Adding to the premiumness, all filters are ultrasonically bonded with antibacterial polypropylene fibers that inhibit the growth of mold and mildew. With a maximum of 650 cfm airflow delivery rate, Blueair 605 can cover up to 775 sq. ft. of room size with certified 500 cfm dust-free CADR, 640 cfm pollen-free CADR, and 500 cfm smoke-free CADR. Ideal for a person that has asthma, severe dust allergy or respiratory problem.
Blueair 605 can be reasonably cost efficiency and silent even though it has an impressive purifying coverage. At the lowest speed, energy usage is at 15 watts with noise level at 23 decibels. At maximum speed, energy usage is at a high 100 watts with noise level exceeded 62 decibels. However, it has some cons along with the pros. First, the expensive selling price is the big stumble block for this unit. The filtration set is also non-washable so you will have to fork out up to 460 dollars depending on the hours of operation and how clean is the air. The lack of autonomous support like Auto mode, Sleep mode, AQ sensor is also a big bumper. You will need to purchase Blueair Aware monitor to get some of the features mentioned. At the end of the day, Blueair 605 can reduce dust build-up in the house thus less vacuuming is needed. A pretty sweet deal if you could afford one.
In short: Classic model with Blueair trademark HEPASilent Technology. Expensive price tag but comes with a strong airflow and a super-wide purifying coverage.
Most GermGuardian models offer attractive prices with some compromisation on performance. The CARB approved, Energy Star rated, GermGuardian AC9200WCA is the odd one out. For the price around 300 after rebate, it is an excellent air purifier for dust removal for home. At 17 inches width, 27 inches height, 9.8 inches depth, and 20.7 lb weight, GermGuardian AC9200WCA will take up some space but you can still easily fit in bedroom, garage, or any tight spaces that need air cleaning. Going through the simple controls, you have a standard 3 fan speed, timer with preset 2, 4, 6 hours, dedicated UV-C light and ionizer button. Also included in the list is the standard filter change indicator that will alert you when the filter or UV-C light needs changing. The long 3 years warranty period is a good assurance of its build quality and durability on any manufacture defects from Guardian Technologies.
Continue with GermGuardian AC9200WCA 5-stage filtration and specification:
- Dust free CADR - 310 cfm
- Room Coverage - 378 sq. ft.
- Fan Speed - 4 with Auto Mode
- Air Filtration - Pre-filter, True HEPA filter, Activated Carbon Filter, Ionizer
- Warranty - 3 years
To complimenting on airflow delivery rate, you will need a good set of filters and AC9200WCA does not disappoint. The permanent pre-filter will captures dust while protecting the HEPA filter from large contaminants. Next, true HEPA filter will trap fine particles like mold, pollen, pet dander that often travel with the dust. The standalone activated carbon filter will focus on smoke, chemical fumes, and odors through adsorption. For bacteria and virues, the germ-killing UV-C light will eliminate all microbes and prevent it from growing. Finally, ionizer will electrostatically charge and weight harmful particles down for the filter to capture through the generation of negative ions. The combined airflow performance can deliver up to 310 cfm dust CADR with a respectable 378 sq. ft. purifying coverage for large room size equivalent.
GermGuardian AC9200WCA the most underrated, air cleaners for dust and allergies that are not outrageously expensive. Filter replacement cost is another story as you will have to replace everything except the ionizer and pre-filter. Other drawbacks include the bulky size, the lack of air quality indicator, and Auto mode in the specification list. Overall, the pros clearly outrank the cons and there is no doubt on AC9200WCA dust filtration capability. If you want an air cleaner with a large pre-filter, look no further.
In short: The perfect machine to counter a dusty home. Come with 5-stage filtration that pair well with strong airflow delivery rate and CADR.
What Is Dust Allergy?
Dust allergy is an allergic reaction that causes sneezing, runny nose, wheezing, itchiness, and watery eyes when inhaled. It is the main cause of all year round allergic rhinitis and a common indoor allergy associated with dust mites, a tiny bug (less than one millimeter) that live in house dust. We are allergic to body parts and feces of dust mites rather than the bug itself. There are preventive measures and treatments from medication, allergy shots, to vacuuming. An air purifier is one of the proven and safest ways to alleviate dust allergies.
Where To Place An Air Purifier For Dust Removal?
You should place an air purifier in the room where you spend the most time or needed air cleaning. Typically it will be in the bedroom due to the limited space and dirty vent. Just make sure to leave 1-2 feet of space between the wall or sofa so the airflow does not get impeded. You should also leave the air cleaner on all the time as there are neverending dust particles in the air. Runtime is very important in determining the efficiency of air cleaning. It takes at least a few hours for an air purifier to clean the room and the dust particles will gradually buildup when it's off.
What Is House Dust Made Of?
Domestic dust AKA house dust is not just made of grey dirt and human skin cells that settle on surfaces. It comprises various bits of accumulated tiny particles in the house such as:
- Soil/ debris
- Outdoor particulate matters
- Organic matter
- Mold, mildew, pollen
- Cigarette smoke remains
- Dead skin
- Hair, pet hair
- Textile/ Paper fibers
- Pet dander
- Dust mites
- Food particles
- Insects feces
The type of dust produced indoor highly dependent on the location, outdoor environment, number of people living in the house, and the exposure. For example, a house with cats has dust that contains cat hair and dander while a house located close to nature has more pollen dust than an urban area. Still, around two-thirds of dust contains outdoor pollutants such as dirt, pollen, and soot. Dust and other airborne substances are the main cause of all year round allergic rhinitis.
Why Does My Bedroom Get So Dusty?
Loose fibers and poor ventilation is the main reason for a dusty bedroom. Most bedrooms are small yet occupied by a bed, drawer, and wardrobes. The lack of room space means dust will easily pile up on top of a cabinet surface, shelf, garments, and underneath a bedframe. Dirty air conditioner and heating system with clogged filters are also one of the contributor. Clothes, towels, undergarments, books all contain fibers that will break down from eventual wear and tear to create a speck of dust. Adding skin flakes and hair follicles that naturally fall from our bodies, these dust particles will become dormant, settled on the ground and stirred back in the air when disturbed.
How Air Purifiers Can Help Reduce Dust?
An air purifier will circulate clean air by reducing airborne dust before it settles on a surface. Through the internal fan, dust and other particulate matters will be drawn into the filtration. The multiple filters e.g. pre-filter, HEPA filter will capture the pass through contaminants and release purified air back to the room. The cleaning cycle will continue until you turn off the air purifier. You will feel gradual improvement in the home air quality, breathe better, and experience fewer allergy symptoms.
Do Air Purifiers Get Rid of Dust Mites?
An air purifier will effectively remove airborne dust mites and its food sources e.g. dead skin cells, dander. Dust mites are microscopic creatures related to the spider. They thrive in warm, humid weather and feed on flakes of dead skin. Even though dust mites don't bite, it can cause skin rashes, trigger dust mite allergies, and asthma. Once the bugs have settled in the bed, pillow, mattresses, or upholstery, there is nothing an air cleaner can do.
How To Reduce Dust In House
Dusty home can cause irritation and creates an unhealthy environment for the occupants. Dust pile up quickly on hard to reach places like top-shelves, fan blades, and gaps at the back of a cabinet. While an air cleaner can make a big difference, you will still need to do house chores to reduce the overall exposure. Here are some easy dust reduction tips that you can start practicing.
- Get more than one air purifier – If you have dust problems in multiple rooms or different floors, you will need 1 air cleaner for each room. That way clean air can distribute evenly across the bedroom, hallway, and living room.
- Clean air filter - You will be surprised how fast dust will spread in the air with a dirty filter. Filters from ventilation, HVAC, air conditioner, and air cleaner require cleaning regularly. A filter can be clogged if is not well-maintained. If the ducts have punctured, replace, or repair it to prevent dust from escaping. Check the manual on the filter's intermittent maintenance.
- Vacuum daily - Preferably with a HEPA vacuum cleaner. Vacuum thoroughly at every cover of the room including hard to reach places and carpet. That's where dust bunnies are born.
- Change your bedding regularly – If you wake up with a nasty rash or itches, change or wash your bed sheet, mattress, pillows case every 1 to 2 weeks to kill off dust mites, and remove loosen fiber. Consider switching to hypoallergenic covers for better dust mites protection.
- Organized your home clutter – Keep the closet door closed at all times. Hide garments, clothes, and towels inside a drawer or cabinet to avoid dust accumulation. Store toys, books, gadgets in a box or plastic container rather than leaving them exposed.
- No indoor pets if possible - Dogs and cats will also contribute to dust through shed hair, pet dander, ticks, and dirt. If the furry one must stay, groom them daily.
- Avoid carpet and faux – Nice as decor but a dust mites magnet as carpet is one of the dirtiest items in a household. You should vacuum it daily or wash it in a washing machine when possible. You can also bring it outside for beating by draping it on a ledge or gate. That way, all the dust particles will be released outside far away from your home.
- Never use feather duster - It might seem effective, but it just moves dust from one place to another. Use a damp cloth or rag that is electrostatically more adhere to dust. Always wipe from top to bottom.
How to Choose the Best Air Purifier for Dust
Is always good to have an air purifier running in the background when you are cleaning the house. It can capture dust that stirs back up in the air and right before they settled on the couch, shelves, bed, wall, floor. However, some model requires greater effort in removing particulate matters of its limited capacity. Instead of spending countless hours comparing models that suit your needs, here are the key features to look for when buying the best air cleaner for dust.
- Filtration stage - To be the best air filter for dust, you will need at least 3-stage filtration. This includes a pre-filter, a HEPA filter, and a carbon filter. Never settle for less.
- 2-in-1 pre-filter - Like a normal pre-filter but comes with an extra carbon sheet. It is designed to block large irritants plus mild smoke and odors. While most pre-filter are reusable and can last a long period of time, 2-in-1 pre-filter is not washable.
- True HEPA filter - A high standard filter that captures 99.97% of the airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns. All HEPA filters must be made according to the strict regulation set by the United States Department of Energy (DOE). True HEPA filters are not washable and must be replaced annually or when necessary.
- HEPA-type filter - A lower grade version to True HEPA filter. HEPA-type filter captures 99% of the microscopic particles as small as 2 microns. Typically, you will find HEPA-type filter in a cheaper air cleaner that costs less than 100. Some permanent HEPA-type filters are washable so go through the manual before proceeding.
- Activated carbon filter – A non-washable, deodorizing filter that focuses solely on capturing gases and odor via chemical absorption. The perfect complement to the existing HEPA filter.
- Ultraviolet light (UV) - Use invisible electromagnetic radiation to sterilize bacteria and viruses. UV light technology is 100% safe technology and works well with any mechanical filter.
- Ionizer - AKA ionic filter or negative ion generator. By dispersing millions of negative ions into the air, the (-) ions will merge with (+) positive ions particles in the air. The combined ions will then drop due to the increased weight allowing the filter or plate to collect the irritants. Take note that ionizer is not an ozone generator despite some manufacturer would attempt to market as one. It must comply with the regulation set by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) on the ozone emission concentration level.
- Warranty - Do not settle for a model that does not come with a warranty to covers the workmanship and motor parts. Check how responsive is the customer service and where is the nearest service center in case repair is needed. Remember to go through what does the limited warranty covers as every manufacturer has a different interpretation.
- Airflow speed - Consider the number of fan speeds and airflow delivery rates. We talked about the importance of dust CADR and purifying coverage, Airflow output is also a very important factor. The higher the airflow delivery rate, the more air will be pulled into the machine. With more air that has gone through the filtration, the quicker clean air can be achieved.
- Cost of ownership - A good dust air purifier will cost you at least 150 and above. If you go for the top tier model, the price can go all the way up to 2000. The same goes for the filter replacement cost. There will be a recurring cost from 100 dollars onwards depending on the filter grade.
- Dimension - Knowing where you want to place the air cleaning device can help you make the purchasing decision. If you plan to use it in a bedroom or a small studio, a smaller but less powerful model will be the better option.
- Noise level - The more powerful it is, the more noise the motor fan will generate. Most air cleaning devices will have a noise output not more than 60 dB. If you plan to use it during sleep or work, go with a model that has the lowest noise output. The availability of sleep mode is a good gauge on how silent a dust air purifier can go.
- Power consumption - Most air cleaners have a reasonably low power usage despite some might suggest otherwise. That said, leaving it running 24x7 will increase the electricity bill ever so slightly. If you are particularly on energy usage, pick a model that is Energy Star rated.
- Auto mode - Relies on the built-in sensor for autonomous operation. With Auto mode enabled, the air purifier will only increase the fan speed when a high volume of dust is detected. Otherwise, it will remain at the lowest speed.
- Sleep mode - Relies on the light sensor for auto-activation. With Sleep mode enabled, it will dim the indicator light and lock the fan speed to the lowest for minimal fan noise. Perfect for bedtime use with a night of uninterrupted sleep.