Take note pet owner, your Lab, Goldy, Yorkie, or feline (I’m not a cat person) deserve freedom at home! When your body suddenly develops a taste for pet allergies, the likely scenario is your buddy has to go. Allergens flow wherever they want whether you like it or not. Just because your pet is shedding like crazy or smell, it does not mean they should be chased out.
To save you from going to the extreme route, there is an alternate happy ending for both parties. We listed down THE BEST air purifier for pet hair, dander, odors, and allergies catered to different needs. At the end of this post, you will have a clearer answer on how to live well with your furry companion.
Never Bow Down to Pet Allergies!
What causes pet allergies?
Pet allergy is an abnormal reaction to the proteins in pet dander (skin flake), urine, and saliva from your pet. Yes, it is the protein that causes the allergic reaction. NOT shed hair from your dog/ cat as many people might mistake it for. Common symptoms from pet allergies include red eyes, itchiness, wheezing, shortness of breath, and asthma. There are also people that are hyper-sensitive to pet odors. One might experience chronic sneezing, stuffy nose, or nausea when the smell picked up. A final point worth highlighting is that allergies could come and go anytime. some owners would only start developing allergies after a certain stage of life.
Who is this for?First and foremost, all the air cleaner listed here is perfect for both the owner and their furry friend. Pet owners with asthma would benefit greatly from this list as well. Newborn, children or elderly with weaker immune system would appreciate an allergen-free environment. Lastly, anyone that is allergic to pet dander, dust mites or even pet odors.
Best Air Purifier for Pets 2019
Alen BreatheSmart overall purifying performance is great, the all-in-one filter is even better. Other than Classic, there are few variants of BreatheSmart models currently on sale. Each air purifiers would vary in specification and cater for different price group. Having said all that, it's actually the pet odor neutralizer HEPA-OdorCell that won our heart.
What's cool: Most air purifiers uses multiset of filters, Alen BreatheSmart uses only 1 bundled pack. Choose A) for default HEPA-Pure filter that solely targets non-smoke particles. B) for HEPA-FreshPlus filter that focuses on allergens, smoke, and VOCs. C) for HEPA-OdorCell filter with Alen's patented Molecular Conversion Powder. We recommend option C that specializes in destroying smells at a molecular level.
What's not: Treating it as a sheer pet air purifier, Alen BreatheSmart has a rather expensive price tag. Worst still, the HEPA-OdorCell we talked about is an optional purchase add-on. The lack of a dedicated activated carbon filter would also drive the filter cost up.In short: Upgrade to HEPA-OdorCell as it is the best filter to remove pet hair, dander, and odors. Skipping the downsides and noisy max speed, there are many good things about Alen BreatheSmart that we yet to touch on. Incidentally, This is also 1 of the 2 air purifier here that comes with a personalizable front cover.
- Plenty of swappable wood trim front cover design.
- Wide purifying coverage, superior airflow delivery rate and highly adjustable (up to 4 speed).
- Up to 3 optional filter upgrade to choose from depending on your needs.
- Ionizer could be turn on or off.
- Longer lasting filters (up to 18 months) depending on usage volume/ air quality.
- Accurate Smart Filter Light replacement indicator that calculates based on usage/ fanspeed/ environment.
- Abundance of features - SmartSensor (air quality sensor), auto mode, filter life timer, pre-set timer.
- Child friendly machine with locking control panel and safe vent guard.
- Alen unique Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- Lacks odor filtration on bundled HEPA-Pure filter (Optional filter upgrade required).
- No dedicated odor carbon filter which could come in handy as filter replacement can be done separately.
- Noisy at highest speed nevertheless Auto mode does come to rescue.
A worthy replacement to the previous AC4850PT with roughly the same price range. GermGuardian AC5250PT slim profile is arguably the best air purifier for pet hair job. With plenty of filtration strength in its pocket, no allergens will be able to bypass the 5-stage filtration.
What's cool: The combined HEPA filtration is highly effective against cat and dog allergies. Begin with the permanent mesh filter plus charcoal pre-filter for cat's hair and odors. A must have True HEPA Fresh filter to remove microscopic allergens. Pet Pure treatment AKA antimicrobial that halts microorganism growth. Closing with UV-C Light that destroys airborne germs and bacteria.
What's not: Mediocre purifying coverage and slow airflow delivery rate. The slightly over-bright indicator light might also be annoying for some.In short: GermGuardian AC5250PT is a well-made, mid-range, tower air purifier that barely takes up any space. There is also a convenience 5 fan speeds and programmable timer for you to fiddle around with. It does have its downside and is unsurprisingly down to average airflow performance. Still, we can't complain much as the air purifier holds its value well for a pet dander removal machine.
- Affordable price tag for a HEPA tower purifier which cost less than half of other competitors is offering.
- Complete 5-stage filtration with UV-light and 5 fan speed.
- Effective True HEPA with Pet Pure that inhibit the growth of mold, mildew and odor-causing bacteria.
- Proven UV-C light that would assist in eliminating airborne germs and bacteria.
- Comes with practical features such as timer, filter replacement indicator and digital display.
- UV function can be deactivated via a button.
- 5 years manufacturer warranty (AC4825 only up to 3 years).
- Limited purifying coverage together with average airflow delivery rate.
- Annual filter replacement cost (with Pet Pure filter C) around the size of a brand new unit.
- Lacks air quality sensors and Auto mode.
- Uses combine Charcoal pre-filter rather than dedicated carbon filter.
- Troublesome filter reset button that requires small object like a paperclip to reset the button.
A powerful air purifier with a very low annual filter maintenance cost. Pet Machine might not age well in today standard, it is still one of the best air purifiers for pet hair/ odor. The strong airflow output is excellent in controlling dog/ cat odors before the stench spread through the house.
What's cool: As a pet air purifier, Pet Machine has one of the widest purifying coverage (1500 sq. ft.) at 2 airflow release hourly. The trio pre-filter (outer mesh, inner pre-filter, and medium filter) ensure no pet hair would be able to get out. Moving on, impregnated carbon/zeolite mixture carbon filter will tackle smelly odors. The final stage 60 sq.ft. True Medical Grade HEPA filter will trap all microscopic particles.
What's not: No Auto mode, air quality monitor/ sensor, timer or any modern features you could think of. Fan noise is louder than we preferred and it's also very bulky in size; not great if you have very limited space.In short: Bypassing all the cons and expensive price tag, Austin Air Pet Machine is actually a low-maintenance air purifier. The super long-life, all-in-one filter that could last up to 5 years on normal use.
- Extensive purifying coverage for pet and non-pets owner.
- Dual first-stage filtration (Outer mesh filter and large particle pre-filter) in trapping pet hair.
- 15 lbs. carbon filter with zeolite and special additive ammonia designed to absorb ammonia and pet odors.
- Double filtration (medium filter + 60 sq. ft. HEPA filter) for medium to smaller size particles.
- Durable coated steel housing with zero off-gassing.
- Super long filter lifespan of up to 5 years.
- 5 years manufacturer warranty.
- Undesirable background noise level on all speed.
- Bulky and heavy although there is built-in casters.
- Hassle filter replacement that requires flipping over the machine to remove bottom cover.
- Relatively empty on features. No auto/ sleep mode, indicator, air quality sensor, timer.
Not limited to any version, Rabbit Air MinusA2 is a regular sitter in our best list here for many valid reasons. It has an exceptional 360° circulation for comprehensive, all-angle purifying coverage. More importantly, the 6-stage filtration will handle all spectrum of airborne irritants.
What's cool: The Starting with the pre-filter that remove first-stage particles e.g. dog/ cat hair. With most pet hair trapped, HEPA filter and Medium filter will focus on smaller allergens. Choose the optional Pet Allergy Customized Filter to get rid of animal dander and germs. Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon Filter would eliminate all foul smells from canine and feline. The final Negative Ion Generator is there to round up any leftover irritants for a new clean cycle.
What's not: Expensive starting price without adding the filter upgrade and front panel. Bulky despite being wall-mountable. CADR is not impressive while few might argue MinusA2 is not effective against foul cat or dog odor. We beg to differ on the last part.
In short: Nitpicking on the disadvantages, the high price is definitely on everyone mind, along with the "fat" thick body. Still, there are a lot more practical and cosmetic perks in MinusA2 that we skipped through. You can learn more about the product details review page.
- Full depth 6-stage filtration with improved airflow performance and coverage.
- Low filter replacement cost despite having many added filters.
- Beautiful, square design with mood light color bar.
- Wall-mountable with plenty of customized front panel design (optional purchase).
- Effective First line filtration (Pre-filter, Medium and HEPA filter).
- 4 Customizable filter options, AC carbon filter and Negative Ion Generator.
- 5 fanspeed with Auto/ Pollen/ Sleep mode.
- Separate Particle, odor and light sensor. Particle/ air quality sensors sensitivity can be adjusted.
- Sensitive Sleep mode that adjust the speed automatically when light is out.
- Five-year warranty with free return.
- All the added features helped push the price up to premium category.
- For the price you paid, there are better alternate options solely on coverage, CADR and airflow.
- Far from light despite being a wall-mountable unit with back wall-bracket.
Small and cheap yet with all the bundled filters squeezed in its tight body. TrueAir Compact Pet is the ideal tabletop air purifier if you have a cat that loves to hang around the work desk. Your table will guarantee stay-free of airborne cat hair, animal dander, and germs.
What's cool: The cheapest pet air purifier listed here (less than 60 after discount). Replacement carbon sheet is also very cheap at around 10 dollars. Permanent, reusable HEPA-grade filter that will trap hair, dust mite, and pet dander. On top of that, there are 2 carbon zeolite filters standing by to neutralize any cat odors stench.
What's not: Airflow delivery rate is poor which as the title suggested. Purifying range is also very limited as you would expect from its compact form. Filtration against animal allergens and odors is way below par. Lastly, the permanent filter requires regular vacuuming to remove the fast-filled pet hair.In short: Good as a subsidiary/ tabletop purifying machine on top of your main air cleaner. The big trade-off for such a cheap air purifier is the weak filtration performance.
- Very affordable price .
- Permanent HEPA grade filter that can be easily maintain with routine vacuuming.
- Compact and portable body.
- Versatile design where you can place the unit horizontally or vertically without ever affecting the airflow efficiency.
- Generally low noise output.
- Small airflow coverage with poor airflow delivery rate.
- Weak filtration (at only 3 micron) with gradual declining on the effectiveness of the permanent HEPA-filter .
- Ineffective against strong odor and chemicals.
- Plain vanilla unit with no features like timer, air quality status, Auto mode.
- Comes only with 1 year warranty (some basic unit offer up to 2).
A destined replacement to 9500, Winix HR900 Ultimate Pet Air Purifier has my vote of confidence. Not only there is a bumped up airflow performance, it still possesses the previous charm that most pet owner would be looking for.
What's cool: A 5-stage filtration that will trap any types of pet allergies in its surrounding. The dependable pre-filter and optional pet filter will stop furball/ hair moving forward. Protected True HEPA filter will then remove associated allergens as small as 0.3 microns in size. The Coated Deodorization (CD) Carbon Filter will eliminate urine and related pet odors. Last PlasmaWave Technology also in the bag to neutralize incoming odor and germs.
What's not: The high annual filter replacement cost (100+) is the only beef we have with this air purifier.In short: The one and only shortcoming that will end up being VERY COSTLY. HR900 is well-equipped with dual sensors, timer, auto, and sleep mode all standing by. If you do not want the latest model with all the fancy tech, Winix 9500 is still available in the online realm.
- Decent pricing for a 5-stage filtration specialized in pet allergies.
- 300 square feet purification is a big leap from the previous WAC9500 model.
- Double protection with Ultimate pet pre-filter on top of the existing pre-filter.
- Dependable True-HEPA and AOC carbon filter that is effective with contaminants.
- Powerful 4 fan speed plus Auto mode and Sleep mode.
- Built-in timer and child lock that is easily accessible through the control panel.
- Improved 2 years warranty than the previous 1-year warranty.
- High annual filter replacement cost especially if you add the ultimate pet filter.
- Slightly expensive as the cheaper Winix 5500-2 can do the same job with the ultimate pet filter add-on.
- Smart sensors inconsistent reaction time with the surrounding airborne particles.
A popular and inexpensive air purifier with a twist. Winix 5500-2 filtration setup is compatible with HR900 Ultimate pet filter. You can now officially upgrade your air purifier with additional protection. With wide purifying coverage, decent CADR, and autonomous purifying in the bag, what more could you ask for?
What's cool: With or without the pet filter add-on, 5500-2 will have no problem reducing the frequency of pet allergies from arising. The outer pre-filter is great at cleaning up airborne dust, dog and cat hair sheds. Inner True-HEPA filter with deal with smaller allergens not captured by the pre-filter. CD Carbon Filter will eradicate odor emitted from feces, saliva. PlasmaWave will end the cycle by neutralizing any germs or bacteria along the way.
What's not: Again, high annual filter replacement cost is a common theme in Winix air purifier. There is also the minor indicator light glaring issue that might or might not be a big deal to you.In short: A reliable air purifier for allergens and odor capturing but a pain in the a** to maintain. Winix 5500-2 is effective, has an accessible price point and all the features you would ever need. Just remember to account for recurring filter replacement cost.
- Super attractive price (after online rebate) when you consider its specification.
- Decent CADR that covers medium room size via its 4-stage PlasmaWave filtration.
- Genuine, True-HEPA filter works as advertised. Excellent in removing allergens and other microorganisms.
- Use a standalone AOC carbon filter rather than cheap out on a carbon pre-filter sheet.
- Full access remote control including the mode selector.
- 4 fan speed plus Auto/ Sleep mode with light sensor. Sleep mode autonomously adjusts the LED indicator brightness according to the room ambient light.
- Built-in timer with 3 pre-set option (1, 4, 8 hours).
- Not outstanding, but an improved 2 years warranty (Winix 5500 only comes with 1-year).
- We like the dedicated AOC carbon filter, but it's not the best in the market when it comes to strong, pungent smell.
- During our test, there is a short delay before 5500-2 reacts to surrounding particles. Either the odor sensor requires cleaning or the sensor takes its own sweet time to detect.
🏆 Honorable mention
- The must featured air cleaner in every list. The Ultimate 4-stage HyperHEPA purifier IQAir HealthPro Plus.
- Blueair models is a perfect for odor elimination thanks to its HEPASilent Technology.
- Discontinued but might be still available online. Honeywell Pet CleanAir air purifier HHT-013 is a compact, cheap, and low-maintenance alternative.
📃 Previous holder
- Winix WAC9500
- Winix HR1000/ NK950
- Coway AP-1512HH
- GermGuardian AC4850PT
Best Air Purifier for Pets Comparison Table
|Air Purifier||Filtration||Coverage||Score||Online Price|
|Alen BreatheSmart Classic||3-stage||1100 sq. ft. (102 m2)||8.8|
|GermGuardian AC5250PT||5-stage||193 sq. ft. (18 m2)||7.5|
|Austin Air Pet Machine||4-stage||1500 sq. ft. (139 m2)||8.1|
|Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-780A||6-stage||815 sq. ft. (76 m2)||9.1|
|Hamilton Beach TrueAir Compact Pet 04384||3-stage||140 sq. ft. (13 m2)||5.9|
|Winix HR900||5-stage||300 sq. ft. (28 m2)||8.5|
|Winix 5500-2||4-stage||360 sq. ft. (33 m2)||8.5|
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ
What is pet dander?
In simple term, pet dander is dead skin cells that shed from animals’ fur or feathers. All warm-blooded animals produce dander including tiny gerbil, reptiles to bird species. Cat dander is the most common contributor to allergies follows closely by dog dander.
Is hard to spot pet dander on its own through our naked eyes. These tiny skin flakes vary in size with an estimated 75% scale at 5 microns or larger and 25% are 2.5 microns or smaller.
Most people mistake pet dander as the allergy aggravator. It is actually the protein within that trigger symptom like sneezing, skin rash. Our body immune system produces antibodies as it mistakes protein as harmful allergens.An air cleaner would get rid of airborne animal dander, but vacuuming and grooming work best complimenting each other.
How long does pet dander stay in a house?
Pet dander will stay in a house for around 4–6 months or 20 to 30 weeks even if the pet has already left. Cat dander is the most known type to be adhesive on household object including our hair, bag, and clothes. As a result, many pet owners unknowingly became the allergen official transporter. When on the move, the allergens will spread to common places e.g. shopping mall, offices, classroom etc.
Can you develop dog allergies later in life (or cat)?
Yes, you can develop allergies later in life regardless of how old you are. This happens when our immune system overreacts to a substance as a harmful allergen. The body will respond with a chemical compound Histamine that triggers allergy symptoms. Almost anything can trigger an allergic reaction from food, mold, to pollen. For pet allergies, animal dander (dead skin) is the most common culprit. Follow by dog/ cat saliva, bacteria in pet hair to the less common insect bites and bird dropping.
Pet allergy symptoms to look out for
Sneeze nonstop when your cat is rubbing against your legs? Watery eyes at the sight of shed hair? Having a family history of allergies particularly on pet dander? Whole house smells like animal pee and air feels stale? If you have developed dog or cat allergies out of a sudden, do look out for the following symptoms.
Pet allergy sign and symptoms
- Constant sneezing, Runny nose, Nasal congestion, Rubbing of the nose (children)
- Postnasal drip Cough, Itchy throat, wheezing
- Swollen eyes, Red eyes, watery eyes, Blue circle under eyes
- Rashness, Hives, Itchy skin, Eczema
- Facial pressure, Trouble sleeping or awake from pain
- Difficulty breathing, Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness, Sudden chest pain
Do air purifiers work for pet allergies?
Yes they do but it’s only limited to airborne type allergens. Air purifier is the perfect companion when you perform routine household vacuuming. It will also promote better health by distributing clean air to you and your furry friend.
There are many different types of air purifiers in the market. Assuming you are not comparing the different sizes and categories, HEPA equipped air purifier is your best bet. Also, ignore those ozone generators that market themselves as a pet-oriented air purifier. On improper use, it will do you more harm than good.
For those that do not have the privilege of owning an air cleaner (yet), the following steps would work as well.
How to get rid of dog/ cat allergies
- Restrict the places your cat or dog can go ESPECIALLY in your bedroom. Best to avoid keeping pet indoor or having one at all (OUCH).
- Never hang around places where pet roams. Pet dander is very light and can become airborne when disturbed.
- Do not touch, hug, pet them even thought how cute and fluffy they are. If there is contact, always wash your hands with antibacterial soap and water. Use lint roller or change your cloth when necessary.
- Never kiss a dog or cat as their mouth contains bacteria that can cause gum disease.
- Bath them at least once a week to curb down the spread of germs and dander.
- Get a HEPA air purifier and turn it on 24x7 to reduce the numbers of airborne hair, odors, and allergens. Works well if your room is centrally heated or air-conditioned.
- No air purifier? Try opening windows and doors to improve room ventilation.
- Getting an allergy shot (immunotherapy) to increase the tolerance level towards allergies.
- Go for hypoallergenic cats (Sphynx, Bengal, Balinese) or dogs (Maltese Terrier, Shih Tzu). Do note there is no 100% hypoallergenic-free pet regardless of how "hairless" they are.
- Brush your cats or dogs daily and thoroughly to reduce the number of shed hair from being airborne. Wear a mask or have a non-allergic family member to perform the grooming.
- Replace your furniture with pet allergy-proof pillowcase, bedding, sofa cover or carpet. Carpet is notoriously known to trap pet dander.
- Perform housekeeping regularly to get rid of allergens that stuck on the floor. Use HEPA vacuum cleaner for vacuuming with air cleaner to capture pet hair that is stirred back up in the air.
- Change the cat litter box frequently and place it in an open area. The smell and bacteria will go away faster.
8 signs that you need an air purifier for pet allergies
If you experience any of the known pet allergy symptoms only when your pet is around, it's a clear sign that you "have" it. Time to get some airborne protection.
- You have more than 1 pets - One is fun. Two is trouble. Three is a nightmare! Imagine staring at clouds of pet hair flying up and down.
- Your house stinks - Not just odors coming from your pet. Other unpleasant smells also chipped in from cat litter box, urine, and saliva.
- You have the signs - Can’t stop sneezing or have itchiness all over the body. Checked. Watery/ red eyes, nasal congestion or shortness of breath. Checked. Symptoms go away when you are in a pet-free area. Checked.
- You are breathless - Not because of someone, is "THE" respiratory disorder. From Asthma, COPD to pulmonary edema, to hypersensitivity pneumonitis, and respiratory tract damage.
- You snore loudly - When your cat or dog is sleeping close to you. This can happen out of the blue even if you have been sharing the bed with your furry friend for quite sometimes.
- You feel choked - No not by a Jedi master, is the air feels stale and stuffy. In other words, your home might be a victim of bad indoor air quality.
- You have unexpected visitor - Dust mites can be seen (or feel) in your bed. Yes, the same bed you share with your domestic pets. Remember, dust mites feed on dead skin aka pet dander.
- You are in the weak category - Either you or your loved one that has an inferior immune systems. Newborn baby/ children, elderly above 60, pregnant women, sick person all qualifies.
What to look for when buying an air purifier for pet
There are just so many health benefits an air purifier can bring to the table. Even though not all are related to pet allergies, you should consider them when choosing the right one. To get the most out of the many available options, focus on the following features below:
11 Tips for Choosing a Pet Air Purifier
- Price and maintenance - First, look at the price of the air cleaner. Second, cross-check the annual filter replacement cost via our website. If you are comfortable with the pricing and cost of ownership, is time to move to the next features.
- Size and weight - Air cleaners come in different size and weight. If you live in a small apartment or room, there is no need to pick a full-size console machine. It's overpowering and will eat up your pet activity space. Also, picking a heavier model will prevent it from tipping over when your cat brushes against it.
- Airflow performance - The stronger the airflow, the more airborne particles will be pulled in by the air purifier. Not a great deal for those that stay in a small room.
- Room size - Calculate the room size where your plan to place the air purifier. Take into account the spot where your pet spends the most time in. Make sure the purifying coverage is sufficient with at least 2 air charges of airflow.
- Pre-filter - A good pre-filter can trap a large amount of pet hair filled with germs and bacteria. Pick those that are permanent/ washable so you could regularly vacuum the hair out and reuse it again.
- HEPA filter - Allergies are in microscopic size that will easily pass through the pre-filter. Look for True HEPA filter that has a 99.97% efficiency rate against microbes like bacteria and viruses.
- Carbon filter - The filter you need to get rid of pet smell. Instead of thin carbon sheet, look for activated carbon filter that can trap stronger odors at one go.
- Other specialized filtration - The more the merrier. UV-light is effective in killing off germs and bacteria. Ionizer makes stubborn particles a lot easier to capture. Antimicrobial prevents trapped microorganisms on the filter from further growth.
- Auto mode/ Sleep mode - Autonomously manage airflow speed according to its surrounding air quality. Very useful when you are away or during night time.
- Power consumption and noise level - Basic rule of thumb applied here. The higher the airflow, the more energy consumption it would require. Same goes with noise level, the lower the noise level, the weaker the airflow output. Thus, if you don't need that much power, consider a more energy-efficient unit.
- Branding reputation - Allergies never stop but an air purifier will break down at certain point. Check and compare the warranty period and what does the warranty cover. Also, how does the company exercise its warranty? With replacement parts or 1-to-1 exchange? A reputable brand will have responsive customer service and spread out service center.
How to use your pet air purifier properly?
I'm sure 99% of you did not go through the air purifier's manual. Probably missed few interesting quirks but no biggie. We are here to cover the most generic yet important tips you should do after unboxing your air purifier.
- Choose the perfect spot - Most common mistake for owner that banish the air purifier to a corner. Air purifier needs "breathing" space to perform full cycle purification. Reserve at least 2 feet of clearance between walls so there is no airflow disruption. We recommend placing the air purifier right at the spot where your pet "chills". This would ensure hair and pet dander are capture straight before it scattered across the room.
- Don't block, please - An air purifier is not a dryer, never place object like cloths on top of the air outlet. Some models have air inlet located at the back or front while others are on both sides. Make sure there is no obstruction within the pathways. When contaminants cannot flow in and clean air cannot dissipate, air quality will remain unchanged.
- Turn it on and leave it - Pets shed daily, rain or shine. When the air purifier is turned off, the contaminants will start building up making it harder to remove. As a result, allergens and bacteria will spread quickly without you realizing. Is essential to keep the air purifier on without turning it off so nothing gets away. Don't worry too much on the electricity bill. Modern air purifiers are energy-efficient that consume energy less than a light bulb. Further supporting that is features like Auto or Sleep mode that manage energy usage.
- Replace worn out filters - Very important step as ignoring it will defeat the purpose of having an air purifier. HEPA filter and carbon filter has a usage lifetime. Whether is 6 months or 1 year, you need to change the filter when it's time. There is also washable pre-filter that requires cleaning regularly so it would not be clogged from particles. Most air purifier has a filter change indicator that will lit when the filter is worn out. Check with the manufacturer or our website on the filter's lifespan.
- Keep windows and doors shut - Like air con, continuous operation will ensure only cool air will cycle inside the room. The same scenario with an air purifier, the longer it purifies, the lesser allergens will be in a room. It will also prevent outdoor pollutants from flowing in and clean air from escaping. You will be enjoying the purified air while at the same time, reduce the air purifier workload.