Who is this for?Get one you have high dampness in a bathroom with constant mold/ mildew issue. Consider one if your bathroom does not come with any windows or exhaust fan. Stinky musty toilet smell that keeps coming back? A small dehumidifier would fit right in.
The first bathroom dehumidifier needs no introduction. Ivation IVADM35 is featured in many people's best list for a good reason. Being a higher series, it has much stronger dehumidification than most models here. The larger 68 oz water tank means you only need to empty the water every 2-4 days depending on how damp the bathroom is. Best of all, it is only slightly larger in overall dimension so no issue placing it on top of the basin cabinet.
Ivation IVADM35 Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier is very expensive for its segment. In fact, it is 3 times more expensive than other small bathroom dehumidifiers here. What you do get in the pricing is the advanced Peltier technology that can capture moisture up to 2,200 cubic feet. The simple one-button operation and auto shut down feature when the bucket is full is also standard here. Go with this if you value performance and versatility over cost.
- Slightly more powerful small dehumidifier without taking up much space.
- Bigger reservoir capacity that holds roughly 3 days worth of bathroom moisture.
- Automatically shut down when the water tank is full.
- One of the pricier mini dehumidifier.
What can you get for less than 40 dollars? A very dependable mini dehumidifier for bathroom AKA SEAVON MD-819. It checks all the boxes with a simple one-button operation, auto shut-off when the water tank is full and compact in size. We have no issue placing SEAVON MD-819 on the vanity desk as it occupied very little space. A good dehumidifier to get moisture out of a windowless bathroom.
The drawback of an entry-level model is the slow dehumidifying speed. It may take a while to clear out most of the moisture in the bathroom. The relatively small water tank means you have to empty the water every day or so. Not a huge deal for most as the basin is usually just right next to it.
- One of the cheapest model here that cost less than $40.
- Compact and easy to use even for a small dehumidifier.
- Auto shut-off comes standard.
- Slower moisture capturing when compared with Ivation model.
What something exactly like SEAVON MD-819 but on a different brand? In comes Pro Breeze PB-02-US Mini Dehumidifier. It offers the same Ultra-Quiet Peltier technology with identical specifications. You also don't have to worry on water splash hitting the machine as it can be placed on top of washroom vanity. The slightly smaller water tank still holds 1 day worth of water before require emptying. Out of the 2 weeks we tested, never have the machine fails to operate or shut down for any unknown reason.
On paper, Pro Breeze PB-02-US tad weaker dehumidification output may seem like a drawback. In real life usage, you can barely tell the differences between every other small dehumidifier here. If you need something that is easy to use, affordable for bathroom use, Pro Breeze will give you just that.
- The same energy-efficient, silent thermo-electric technology as the rest.
- Also cost less than 40 dollars.
- Automatically shut down when reservoir is full.
- Standard small dehumidifier limitation (16 oz water tank, will not work below 41°F).
Another great alternative to the likes of SEAVON and Pro Breeze. Gurin DHMD-210 has all the features you want from a mini dehumidifier. It will fit on a bathroom vanity nicely even with all the cleanser, toothpaste, and handwash occupying most of the space. The easy to remove bucket with front handle makes empty the water a breeze. Finally, the ultra-quiet Peltier technology with auto shut down means you can leave it running all day without any issue. Just check back in the morning to empty the water and resume the operation.
Gurin DHMD-210 mini dehumidifier is highly versatile that can be used in any washroom, bathroom that lacks any windows. It may be lacking in the moisture removal performance but for less than 40 bucks, it is worth every single penny.
- Identical with Pro-breeze with the same silent thermo-electric technology.
- Under the 40 dollars price benchmark.
- Automatically shut down feature.
- Requires water emptying every day or so.
For those that wanted a bigger dehumidifier but not willing to match Ivation IVADM35 price. Eva-dry Edv-2200 Mini Dehumidifier is exactly that delivers double dehumidifying coverage and better output. This means more moisture will be removed from the air at the same amount of time. You will also get 3 times bigger water tank that can hold 68 ounces of water. Perfect for those that take hot steamy shower regularly in a poorly ventilated bathroom.
If your bathroom is constantly infested with mold and mildew due to the excessive moisture, go with Eva-dry Edv-2200. The extra dehumidifying output can disrupt mold and other microbes' growth rate. The downside is the dehumidifier costs twice as much as a basic model even though you can't tell from the appearance. Despite the higher price tag, it uses the typical housing with the sample one-button operation and auto-off feature. Not necessarily a bad thing but the extra money all goes into the dehumidification.
- Larger 20.5 oz reservoir with auto-off feature.
- Higher dehumidify capacity than the basic variant.
- Still compact despite the slightly larger water tank.
- Cost price as much as some small dehumidifiers here.
🏆 Honorable mention
- Ivation IVADM45 Mini Dehumidifier
📃 Previous holder
- Ivation IVADM10
- Tosot 30 Pint Dehumidifier
2020 Best Small Dehumidifier For Bathroom
|Dehumidifier||Online Price (Amazon)||Capacity||Coverage||Score|
|Ivation IVADM35 Mini Dehumidifier|
|20 oz||2200 ft3||5.5|
|SEAVON MD-819 Dehumidifier|
|9 oz||170 sq. ft. (16 m2)||5.9|
|Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier|
|9 oz||1200 ft3 (150 sq. ft.)||5.9|
|Gurin DHMD-210 Mini Dehumidifier|
|8 oz||2200 ft3||5.4|
|Eva-dry Edv-2200 Mini Dehumidifier|
|20.5 oz||2200 ft3||5.6|
What Size Dehumidifier Do I Need For My Bathroom?
Go with a small dehumidifier that can drain 6 to 10 ounces of moisture water per day. Most bathrooms are around 36 to 40 ft in size and a small washroom would be half of it at less than 20 ft in size. A small dehumidifier can be placed on top of bathroom vanity that will not take too much of the toilet limited space.
Will a Dehumidifier Help With Mold In Bathroom?
Dehumidifier will not remove mold, but it can curb the growth of mold and bacteria by reducing the dampness level in the bathroom. Moisture is needed in order for mold, mildew, and bacteria to thrive. Without the right humidity, surface and airborne mold will stay dormant or die eventually.
Is It Safe To Leave The Dehumidifier Running While Taking A Shower?
It is perfectly safe to leave the dehumidifier in operation while taking a shower but make sure not to get the cord wet. The same rule of thumb applies to all electronic appliances that you plan to use it in a bathroom. Just leave it running 24x7 and let the automatic shut-off function take over.
How Do You Get Moisture Out Of a Bathroom Without a Fan?
A dehumidifier is the best way to remove moisture for a windowless bathroom without a fan. If you don't have a dehumidifier, try leaving the door open for 15 minutes to let some of the moisture out. Alternatively, you can use charcoal, baking soda or desiccant to drain out some of the moisture. Indoor plants do help with the dampness but the impact is minimal. For long term solution, try installing a solar heater, ventilation or exhaust fan to reduce the humidity level.
How To Choose The Best Dehumidifier For Bathroom?
Choosing a bathroom dehumidifier is actually very straightforward despite the many choices in the market. A good dehumidifier can remove excessive moisture in a bathroom and maintain a healthy humidity level. To avoid picking the wrong model, Let us guide you through what are the key points you should look for when buying a dehumidifier.
- Dimension - Most people will place their dehumidifiers on a bathroom vanity close to the wall plug. The smaller the unit, the less obscurant it will be in sight.
- Dehumidifying capacity - Look for the range between 6 - 10 oz. As most bathrooms are less than 40 square feet, you do not need a very high-performance model.
- Auto shut-off when the water tank is full - Very important feature due to the small reservoir. The dehumidifier will automatically stop functioning to prevent overflow.
- Pricing - Cap the price below 100. An entry-level model will not cost you more than 40 dollars.
- Noise level - 99% of bathroom dehumidifiers have a very low noise output as they are powered by Peltier technology. You can safely ignore this field.
- Power consumption - All small dehumidifiers have very low power output due to the limited capacity. Unless you are going for a bigger model, this should not be a big concern.