Who is this for?Since evaporative humidifiers are cool-mist that pose no hazard risk, it is suitable for everyone from baby, children, adult, elderly, or anyone with morning sinus. Adding the high moisture output, evaporative is ideal in large spaces like a living hall, basement, kitchen, or bedroom. Lastly, you can use an evaporative humidifier when indoor humidity levels drop below 30 percent. Very useful during the winter season where the air is stale and dry to breathe in.
The best evaporative humidifier that has wide enough coverage for an entire home. Essick AIRCARE MA1201 is a whole-house humidifier that is very well-priced. For around 120 after discount, Essick AIRCARE can cover a maximum of 3,600 square feet room space. That's even bigger than most apartment units out there. Supporting the strong output is the standard 3 speeds that determine how fast a humidifier can add moisture into the air. Use it along with the precise humidity adjustment function that can be set via the small digital screen. Best of all, you can rely on the auto humidistat to adjust the room humidity level between 40 to 60 percent.
As a whole-house humidifier, Essick AIRCARE MA1201 can run 36 hours straight before require refilling. Achievable thanks to the leak-proof 4-gallon water tank. With the built-in four casters, moving the humidifier around is also effortless even with the added water weight. The only downside is the wicking filter that can cost you a few hundred dollars annually when frequent change. If you don't mind that plus the dated design, this is by far the best evaporative humidifier to go for.
- Whole-house humidifier that covers up to 3600 square feet.
- Big 4 gallons capacity water tank (8-gallon output).
- Up to 36 hours of continuous runtime.
- Auto humidistat with quiet nighttime operation support.
- Good mobility with 4 casters.
- Very expensive annual wick filter replacement.
- Humidity adjustment is not accurate at times.
- Dated design with small digital display.
One of the many Honeywell models featured in this list. Honeywell HCM-6009 QuietCare Cool Mist is one of our all-time favorite evaporative humidifiers. Its unique cool moisture technology can provide consistent humidification up to 2300 square feet of room size. Supporting the wide coverage is a dual water tank setup with a huge opening for easy cleaning. You can run the evaporative humidifier continuously without refilling for 24 hours or a maximum of 9 gallons moisture output per day. Another highlight for Honeywell HCM-6009 is the unique Protec Antimicrobial wicking filter. Wicking filter is designed to trap large particles from being dispersed out with the mist. Antimicrobial wicking filter will do that plus inhibit mold and mildew growth. A great solution to a common issue found in most humidifiers.
Other benefits you will get from Honeywell HCM-6009 QuietCare Cool Mist is the worry-free 3 years warranty that covers all motor parts. The 3 speed with advanced mist humidistat is a joy to use as it will automatically monitor and set the right humidity accordingly. Speaking of fan speed, Honeywell HCM-6009 does not come with a digital display so no precise humidity adjustment. The expensive wicking filter replacement is also here like every other evaporative humidifier. Two minor setbacks for a reliable, powerful, and dependable evaporative humidifier that you should buy.
- Cool moisture technology that provides 1900 to 2300 square feet of coverage.
- Up to 24 hours of continuous operation with max 9-gallon water output.
- Dual easy to refill water tank that can support a total of 3 gallons water.
- Mold resistant Protec Antimicrobial wicking filter.
- Long 3 years warranty.
- Outdated controls with conventional dial knob adjustment.
- Can't run without the Protec wicking filter yet it is costly to replace.
Yet another Honeywell evaporative humidifier that we absolutely adored. Honeywell Cool Moisture HEV685 is a simple, inexpensive, silent, and reliable cool-mist humidifier that you can count on. The estimated 2000+ coverage can swiftly add moisture into the air for 24-hours straight. To keep up with the consistent air quality output, a wicking filter is needed in the water tank. The Protec filter will capture dust, hair, and other microbes to prevent it from being released into the air. The antimicrobial filter will also inhibit mold, mildew, and fungi from infesting. With that, you can feel the air is much fresher and easy to breathe within a couple of hours or so. Any allergies linked to dry air like cracked lips, flaky skin, itchiness, dry cough, and even nose bleed will be gone with sufficient humidity.
Like every other Honeywell Evaporative Cool Moisture, HEV685W comes with standard 3 years warranty and an excellent autonomous feature. The auto humidistat that will automatically turn on the humidifier when nearby humidity drops below 30%, and turn off when it reaches the right humidity level. Apart from that, there is nothing much going with Honeywell Cool Moisture HEV685W. It is a basic evaporative humidifier with wick filter, dual 1.5-gallon break-resistant water tank, and simple dial knob controls. A trouble-free model that will last for a long time.
- Up to 2000+ square feet coverage.
- 3-gallon water tank to support 24 hours of continuous operation.
- Large reservoir with carrying handle that is easy to refill, clean, and empty.
- Mold-free Protec antimicrobial wick pre-filter.
- 3-year manufacturer warranty.
- No digital display for precise humidity regulating.
- Protec wicking filter is expensive to replace.
- Rather bulky despite having limited functionality.
There are a lot of things we like about Honeywell HCM-710 Care Cool Mist evaporative humidifier. It is very cheap (less than 50), it is compact (15.3 x 11.1 x 9.9 in/ 5.5 lb), yet it can run for 36 hours continuously (at low speed). There's even an illuminated water window that lets you know if you overfill the water. Despite the affordable price and small body, there's no compromisation on the humidification. The self-regulating evaporative system that will automatically turn on or off the device based on the room humidity level. Protec antimicrobial wicking filter captures minerals and inhibits 99.99% of mold growth. The swift moisture dispersion can help relieve dry air discomforts like morning cough, sinus, and nasal passage inflammation. Finally, the silent operation also allows Honeywell HCM-710 to be placed by the bedside and help you sleep better with less snoring. You will wake up feeling more refresh with no morning coarse voice.
Being the best affordable evaporative humidifier, Honeywell HCM-710 is easy to empty, clean, refill, and still comes with a long 3 years warranty. Everything is covered except for the wicking filter. Because the filter is disposable and you need to replace it from time to time, there will be recurring costs to expect even for HCM-710. Understanding that and you will be content with this clean and simple evaporative humidifier.
- Affordable Cool Mist Evaporative humidifier (less than $50).
- Compact and lightweight body that can fit in tight spaces.
- Up to 36 hours of humidification at low setting.
- Honeywell Protec antimicrobial filter.
- 3-year Honeywell warranty.
- Rather small 1-gallon water tank with limited coverage.
- Protec wicking filter is as expensive as some of the bigger units.
- Simple setup with no auto humidity adjustment.
Dry air can worsen skin conditions and many respiratory symptoms. If you need a moderately priced evaporative humidifier with decent performance, Vornado EV200 is the right pick. At less than 100 dollars, it is very easy to use and will work straight off the bat. EV200 is equipped with Vornado’s signature Vortex Action that delivers natural humidification. Keeping it at low speed allows the humidifier to run continuously for 24 hours with the support of the dual 0.75-gallon water tank. Complementing all that is the 360-degree air-intake for superior coverage. You can use it in the bedroom, living room, kitchen, basement, playroom, and garage with low humidity.
There are more good reasons to get Vornado EV200 evaporative humidifier. It is certified to be safe with a 5 years warranty. Longer than any other models listed here. Then there is the 6 mist output and intelligent humidification which is the equivalent of Auto mode. However, there are some minor setbacks. First, controls are basic with no digital screen for humidity adjustment. The 2 wick filters can also be a hassle to change. While Vornado EV200 is ideal for the whole house within 700 square feet of space, there are better options out there. Take nothing away from EV200 as it is still a very good evaporative humidifier in its category.
- Vortex Action with 360-degree air intake.
- 24-hour runtime with auto intelligent humidification.
- Easy to use SimpleTank System design.
- Certified fitting with 5 years Vornado warranty.
- Dual water tank that can only hold 1.5 gallons of water.
- Small 700 square feet coverage (despite having Vortex Action).
- Uses 2 wick filters that can be a hassle to replace.
If you don't mind paying a little bit extra more, Vornado Evap40 evaporative humidifier will be a good catch. It is a basic, easy to use humidifier with everything good about Vornado. From the signature Vortex Action, certified performance, and its U.S. assembled assurance with 5 years warranty. More importantly, the 24-hours uninterrupted operation with 4-gallon of water capacity is great at tackling dry air issues, particularly during the winter. You can manually select the fan speed you desired, or leave it in intelligent humidification mode and let Evap40 decide itself.
Vornado Evap40 can cover up to 1,000 square feet at any given speed. Impressive for everyday use without being too overpowering. With sufficient humidity, an evaporative humidifier can prevent dry rot, reduce electricity bills, and moisture skin. Humid air can also reduce the risk of infections from airborne bacteria and viruses. The only 2 things that might discourage you from getting one is the noise and constant wicking filter change. Other than that, Vornado Evap40 will not disappoint you.
- Cover up to 1,000 square feet of room size with Vornado's signature Vortex Action.
- Intelligent humidification mode.
- Large bucket with 4-gallon of total capacity.
- Made in the U.S. with an extensive 5-years warranty.
- Dial knob controls that dost not support precise humidity adjustment.
- Short wick filter lifespan that has to be replaced in 4-8 weeks.
- Noiser than other evaporative humidifiers.
🏆 Honorable mention
📃 Previous holder
2020 Best Evaporative Humidifier
|Humidifier||Online Price (Amazon)||Capacity||Coverage||Score|
|Essick AIRCARE MA1201 Humidifier|
|8 gallon (64 pints)||3600 sq. ft. (334 m2)||8.3|
|Honeywell HCM-6009 Humidifier|
|9 gallon (72 pints)||2300 sq. ft. (214 m2)||8.3|
|Honeywell Cool Moisture HEV685W/ HEV685B Humidifier|
|2000+ sq. ft. (186 m2)||8.3|
|Honeywell Cool Mist Evaporative HCM-710 Humidifier|
|Vornado EV200 Humidifier|
|2.6 gallon (20.8 pints)||700 sq. ft. (65 m2)||8.3|
|Vornado Evap40 Humidifier|
|4 gallon (32 pints)||1000 sq. ft. (93 m2)||8.3|