Who is this for?The best of both worlds. Warm and cool mist humidifier is perfect for all-day-everyday use. Having the flexibility to switch between the two modes can help enhance the breathability of everyone in the household. When the humidity level falls below 30% and in the summer, switch it to cool mist. Otherwise use warm mist during the winter when the air is cold and dry. If you have babies, children, or pets at home. Switch to cool mist to reduce the risk of burning if they accidentally topple over the humidifier. Otherwise, anyone with morning sinus or skin allergies would greatly benefit from having a hybrid humidifier at home.
The best warm and cool mist humidifier we ever tested with up to 40 hours of continuous operation. Elechomes UC5501 is a modern-looking humidifier with a glossy black housing and a big blue digital display. However, we are focusing on what's inside the device that can swiftly improve a room humidity level. Powering Elechomes UC5501 is the familiar ultrasonic technology. It can silently discharge moisture to the air on either warm or cool mist mode. Just select the mode you want, choose the fan speed and your room dampness level will increase in no time. Perfect to get rid of morning sickness, cough, or dry throat.
There are more things we like about Elechomes UC5501 Ultrasonic Humidifier. It can swiftly humidity up to 750 square feet of room space. All the premium features such as intelligent automatic mode, auto shut-off, timer, and remote control are also available. For those that need to relax and chill after a long-day, there is even an essential oil tray where you can put it your favorite fragrance. The decalcification cartridge can be pricey to replace, but that's expected for a hybrid humidifier in this segment.
- High warm mist output at 550 mL/H and cool mist output at 300 mL/H.
- 3 speed with 40 hours of continuous ultrasonic operation.
- Cover up to 750 square feet support by a 1.58 gallon water tank.
- Intuitive controls with a digital screen, auto mode, remote control, timer, aromatherapy, and sleep mode as standard.
- Decalcification cartridge can be expensive to replace on daily use.
- Intelligent automatic sensor will have hiccups that fail to react to surrounding humidity changes.
HuPro PRO-777 might not win the best warm cool mist humidifier in performance, its features and design are second to none. The beautiful metallic body pairs well with the big digital negative display with 4 distinctive controls. You can easily switch between warm and cool mist humidifying, adjust the mist speed, set a timer, or enable/ disable air purification. Speaking of purification, this is the only humidifier listed here that has not one, not two, but a three stage filtration system. You have an ultraviolet lamp that is here to kill bacteria and viruses, a ceramic filter with active carbon & mineral pellets that block out contaminants like mold in the water, and an air ionization that helps clean the air by pulling down harmful airborne particles. The perfect hybrid air purifier humidifier that can help remove allergens in the air so you will have fewer allergies to deal with.
So what is not great about HuPro Premium Ultrasonic Cool & Warm Mist Humidifier? Two things: the higher price tag with weaker moisture output and the annoying blue ambiance light. 2 easily ignorable features as HuPro PRO-777 merits outrank it all. Pick this you want an easy to clean, easy to use humidifier with all the ultrasonic features but don't mind the smaller moisture applicable area.
- Premium "metallic" body with rotatable nozzle warm-mist and cool-mist.
- 5 speed levels that allow 30 hours of constant humidifying.
- Less than 30 dB noise that is ideal for bedroom use up to 500 square feet.
- Ultraviolet lamp, air ionization, and ceramic filter triple purification.
- Expensive yet with a much weaker moisture capacity.
- The ultraviolet light performance will deteriorate over time.
If you like Elechomes, Levoit LV600HH hybrid ultrasonic will fit in well. A similar dual nozzles setup warm cool mist humidifier that is suitable for winter and summer use. It has a moisture output of 753 square feet that can humidity 36 hours non-stop. Through a click of a button, you can run Levoit LV600HH in warm-mist mode to relieve nasal congestion or cough. Otherwise, just leave it in cool-mist mode that can help reduce static shock, cut down on electricity bills, and improve air quality.
So what else is in Levoit LV600HH hybrid ultrasonic humidifier? The usual stuff such as a timer, aromatherapy slot, leak-proof 1.6-gallon water tank, and remote control. Smart auto mode and auto shut-off are also here that automatically shuts the humidifier off once it detects the water tank is empty. The minor complaint we have is the bottom fill design that can be hard to insert at times. The humidistat display is also slightly off real-time due to the insensitive humidity reader. Both are easily ignorable.
- Warm mist output at 500 mL/H and cool mist output at 300 mL/H.
- 3 mist levels with max 36 hours of silent ultrasonic operation.
- Add moisture to a room up to 753 square feet with 1.5 gallon water tank.
- Bundled with digital screen, smart auto mode, remote control, 12-hour timer, and aromatherapy.
- Humidity reading is less accurate especially when switching between warm and cool mist.
- Trouble bottom fill design that may take some time to get used to.
On first glance, Pure Guardian H4810AR might not look like the best warm cool mist humidifier given its exterior. On prolonged use, it is a decent hybrid humidifier with dual nozzle and the only model here that comes with an LED night light. The glowing light is not too bright and useful if you intend to use it in the children's room. More importantly, the ultrasonic purification can support up to 600 square of space (warm mist). That means you can place the humidifier far away without being too glaring and affecting the humidity performance. As with all ultrasonic models here, the easy emptying top-fill design, built-in filter, aromatherapy tray, and timer are also here. Standard features but necessarily in our books.
Here's more thing we like about Pure Guardian H4810AR ultrasonic humidifier. The plasticky water tank comes with a Silver Clean treatment that inhibits mold and mildew growth. Thanks to the large 2-gallon reservoir, the humidifier can run up to 120 hours non-stop. That's 5 days hassle-free moisture adding before the water empty indicator lights up. If you don't mind the lack of digital screen and remote control support, you can't go wrong with Pure Guardian.
- 3 mist controls with one dedicated button switch between cool and warm mist.
- Up to 120 hours of ultrasonic operation thanks to the large 2-gallon water tank.
- Ideal for bedroom use with its silent 600 square feet humidification.
- Comes with a nightlight, Silver Clean Technology, aromatherapy tray, 3 preset timers, and a dual-direction humidity spout.
- Weaker moisture output on both warm and cool mist with smaller humidifying coverage.
- Top up a little more and you will get a hybrid humidifier with more features and higher moisture output.
Want a cheap, small, and portable hybrid humidifier that you can bring it around town? SPT SU-4010 Ultrasonic warm and cool mist humidifier is your answer. You can easily place it on the bedside table, work desk, or even bring it out when you're traveling. Despite its small housing, SPT SU-4010 can still add moisture up to 500 square feet of room space. It comes with an adjustable dual mist nozzle that can be pointed in any direction. Inside the water tank, there is even an ion exchange filter that will prevent white dust minerals from building up. Not bad for a compact humidifier that the sole purpose is to pump moisture out.
So what are the things that have to compromise in such a compact ultrasonic dehumidifier? Quite a few actually. First, the humidifier can only perform continuously up to 12 hours before refilling. There is no precise humidity adjustment, timer, auto humidistat, and essential oil tray at all. Lastly, it still uses the conventional dial knob controls with no digital screen, and remote control. None of that matters if you only want a model that can discharge warm and cool mist in a low humidity environment.
- The most affordable and portable hybrid humidifier in the list.
- 360° adjustable bi-directional mist nozzle for both warm and cool mist humidification.
- Cover up to 500 square feet of room size despite the compressed body.
- Ion Exchange Filter that reduces white dust particles in the water tank.
- Slow in adding moisture to a room due to the limited airflow capacity.
- Small 1.1 gallon water tank that only supports a max 12 hours of humidification.
- The cheaper price means no timer, autonomous mode, and aromatherapy function.
A beautiful hybrid humidifier with seamless integration in design and usability. We give you TaoTronics Warm and Cool Mist Humidifiers TT-AH018. Available in black and white versions, it ticks all the boxes of a good hybrid humidifier. It has a 360 degrees adjustable nozzle with a large water tank that can be refilled via the top. The front smart humidity control allows easy changes to the fan speed, mist levels, timer, and even sleep mode. We been switching both warm and cool mist mode for months and have not encountered any single problems.
TaoTronics TT-AH018 will cover up to 500 square feet with 45 hours of perpetual moisture disperse operation. it is ideal for bedroom, living room, or for an entire studio unit. However, you can squeeze better performance from other humidifiers at the same cost. A few warm and cool mist humidifiers here also comes bundled with remote control and a filter. So if you don't mind losing out on the 2 features, the reliability and durability of TaoTronics is worth a second look.
- Filter-free, warm and cool mist setup.
- 360° adjustable dual nozzle that supports up to 500 square feet of room size.
- 45 hours of continuous operation with a 1.45-gallon water tank.
- Smart humidity control plus auto mode, auto shut off, timer, Sleep mode, and memory function.
- A mineral absorption pad is not a great substitute for a wicking filter in capturing white dust.
- For the same price, other model offers higher moisture discharge, essential tray, and remote control.
🏆 Honorable mention
📃 Previous holder
2020 Best Warm And Cool Mist Humidifier
|Humidifier||Online Price (Amazon)||Capacity||Coverage||Score|
|Elechomes UC5501 Ultrasonic Humidifier|
|1.58 gallon (6 liter)||430-750 sq. ft. (40-70 m2)||8.3|
|HuPro PRO-777 Premium Humidifier|
|1.1 gallon (4 liter)||500 sq. ft. (46 m2)||8.3|
|Levoit LV600HH Humidifier|
|1.5 gallon (5.6 pints)||753 sq. ft. (70 m2)||8.3|
|Pure Guardian H4810AR Ultrasonic Humidifier|
|600 sq. ft. (56 m2)||8.3|
|SPT SU-4010 Ultrasonic Humidifier|
|Warm mist (400 ml), Cool mist (330 ml)||500 sq. ft. (46 m2)||8.3|
|TaoTronics TT-AH018 Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier|
|1.45 gallon (5.5 liter)||450 sq. ft. (42 m2)||8.3|
Is Cool Mist Or Warm Mist Humidifier Better?
Warm-mist and cool-mist humidifiers are equally effective in adding moisture into the air. Despite warm mist discharge higher temperature water vapor, the temperature will be the same as cool mist when it reaches our airway. That said, there are still subtle differences between them. Warm mist tends to do better in relieving morning flu and leave fewer mineral deposits in the water tank. On the other hand, cool mist is safer if you have a baby, children, or pets at home. The advantage of a hybrid humidifier is you can have both modes and switch to either one depending on the situation.
Is Warm Or Cool Mist Humidifier Better for Sinuses?
Go with cool mist humidifier to relieve stuffy nose and sinus congestion as it is commonly accepted by most people. While both can help alleviate allergies, cool mist humidifiers are the more popular option due to the lower temperature output. Most people will feel more comfortable inhaling to a room temperature water vapor. Also, cool mist is generally quieter and safer to use around a baby or a child that will not result in burns. Ultimately, it's up to your own preferences as you can't go wrong opting for warm or cool mist humidifying.
Is Cool Or Warm Mist Humidifier Better For Cough?
Cool-mist humidifiers are the best choice in easing cough due to dry air. The cooler temperature moisture discharged is safer and more comfortable to inhale than warm mist. That said, both warm mist and cool mist will help soothe cough and scratchy throat by ensuring room humidity level is between 30% to 50%. With a hybrid ultrasonic humidifier, you can easily switch between warm or cold mist humidifying based on the situation.
What To Consider When Buying A Warm And Cool Mist HumidifierThere are not many warm cool mist humidifiers out there but you could still pick the wrong one if you are not careful. So when you're buying a hybrid humidifier for the first time, here are more features to look out for.
- Room size - All warm cool mist humidifiers come with a recommended room size usage. Always go with a larger model than a lower one. For example, if you need to humidity a 500 square feet of room space, go with a humidifier with at least 500 sq. ft. of coverage. Knowing where you intend to place the humidifier can determine what room size is needed and can the model fits in well.
- Capacity/ water tank - The bigger the bucket, the more water the humidifier can store. This allows a longer runtime before the need to refill the water. We highly recommend you go with a model that can support at least 24 hours of continuous operation so you don't have to check on the humidifier every day. Also, consider top fill or bottom fill approach as this will be your repeated task for many years to come.
- Moisture output - Most people don't know that warm mist and cold mist has different moisture output despite coming from the same humidifier. In general, warm mist can discharge more moisture per day, and manufacturers tend to promote this figure more. Take note of this.
- Cost of ownership - Most warm cool mist humidifiers are not expensive that you can purchase a decent unit at around 80-100 dollars. What you do have to consider is the filter replacement cost that can stack up tremendously on frequent use. As you should only refill with demineralized or distilled water, that would incur some additional cost as well.
- Noise level/ power consumption - Most warm and cool mist humidifiers are ultrasonic so noise level and power consumption are on the lower end. If you really want a whisper-quiet and energy-efficient operation, use only cool mist mode.
- Digital screen/ remote control - Not all dehumidifiers come with a digital screen or remote control. If these 2 features are a must for you, go with a model that offers both.
- Auto humidification/ auto shut-off - Both are equally important but the latter is more common in a warm cool mist model. Auto humidification with stop the machine from operating once it reaches an ideal humidity level. When the humidity level drops, the humidifier will automatically resume back operation. Auto shut-off is more straightforward. When there is no more water left in the reservoir, the humidifier will automatically stop to prevent damaging the compressor.
- Dimension - Not a critical factor as most hybrid humidifier has more or less the same size. There are some models that are more portable than others but have to do with weaker output and fewer features.
- Filter - For hybrid humidifiers, not all models will come with a filter to blocks out contaminants like mold and white dust. If you like the extra layer of filtration that can help reduce mineral deposits in the water, consider models that come with one.
- Warranty - The longer the warranty, the greater peace of mind you will get. We are not particular in this but if you want to jump away from the norm 1-year warranty, some hybrid humidifiers do offer 2 to 3 years manufacturer warranty.