Airmega 300S Specification
13.6 x 21.2 x 13.6 in
(34.5 x 53.8 x 34.5 cm)
|Weight||21.4 lb (9.7 kg)|
|Coverage (up to)||1256 sq. ft. (117 m2)|
|Dust free (CADR)||260 cfm (442 m3/h)|
|Pollen free (CADR)||260 cfm (442 m3/h)|
|Smoke free (CADR)||260 cfm (442 m3/h)|
- Replacement cost ($)
Pre-filter (2 pack)
- Replacement cost ($)
Max2 (Green True HEPA filter)
- Replacement cost ($)
Max2 (Activated carbon filter)
- Replacement cost ($)
|Noise level||22 - 52 dB|
|Power consumption||6 - 57 W|
|Timer/ Scheduler||1, 2, 4, 8 hours (App), Scheduler|
|More color options|
|Air qualityAQ indicator|
|Filter change indicator|
|Email/ Phone support|
- 4-stage filtration
- Equipped with Wi-Fi support (IoCare app/ Amazon Alexa)
- Permanent Pre-filter
- MAX2 filter (True HEPA filter/ Activated Carbon filter)
- 3 fanspeed (Low, Medium, High)
- Dual side air inlet
- Dual Pre-filter and HEPA filter indicator
- Smart mode (Auto, ECO and Sleep mode)
- Real-time air quality indicator (Good, Moderate, Unhealthy, Very Unhealthy)
- Scheduler/ Timer via app (1, 2, 4, 8 hours)
- 5 years warranty
Airmega 300S review
- 4-stage filtration with wide purifying applicable area (at 2 air charges).
- Utilize 2 Pre-filter on each side of the air purifier that traps dust, pet hair while enhancing HEPA filter and Carbon filter lifespan.
- Highly-efficient allergen, smoke and odor filtration with the combined Green True HEPA and Activated Carbon Max2 filter.
- Convenience and practical Smart mode (Auto mode/ Sleep mode).
- Separate Pre-filter and MAX2 filter lifespan indicator.
- Remotely access the air purifier scheduler, timer, and other functions via IoCare app.
- Real-time air quality display indicator.
- Adjustable sensor's sensitivity (sensitive, normal, less sensitive).
- Reasonable Max2 filter replacement cost that only requires one yearly change.
- Standard 5 years warranty.
- Expensive based price that is close to the non-Wi-Fi 400 version.
- Last checked, app is slightly less refine compared with competitors app.
- Little learning curve on setting up Wi-Fi connectivity for first time user.
- No built-in timer. Only accessible via Airmega app.
- Lacks autonomous sleep mode and real-time HEPA and Activated Carbon filter change indicator available in 400/ 400S models.
- No Ionizer within its filtration list.
A modern and quality product from Airmega, 300S its basically 300 version with added Wi-Fi integration for IoCare app and Amazon Alexa support. Sharing the same dimension as 300 at 13.6 x 21.2 x 13.6 in/ 21.4 lb weight, the build quality is second to none with no visible gap or ozone off-gasing. Front design is as clean as it gets with only prominent LED ring indicator that shows surrounding indoor air quality. The air quality indicator will lit in blue and green when indoor air is good, green and yellow when indoor air is moderate, yellow and pink when indoor air is unhealthy, lastly pink and red when indoor air is very unhealthy. Instead of just one back air inlet in typical air purifier design, Airmega 300S utilize dual air inlet that sucks air on both sides. Speaking of that, you will also find two built-in handles on each side of the air purifier for easy transporting.
Unlike most air purifier that places its control panel at front, Coway Airmega 300S controls are located at the top black panel that is only accessible up close. Separated into two sections, On the left, you will find a Wi-Fi button, Light button, Pre Wash button and Max2 change button plus a round light sensor. Wi-Fi button enables 300S connection to nearby Wi-Fi network. The Wi-Fi LED indicator will blink when there is no connection or undergoing pairing. Once the air purifier is connected to a Wi-Fi network, the LED light will stay constant. Next to it is the light button that activates/ deactivates air quality indicator light. The bottom two buttons (Pre Wash/ Max2) will lit once the filters require cleaning (Pre Wash) or change (Max 2). To reset the button indicator light, press and hold the buttons for 2-3 seconds. The small Light sensor is not a button; it detects the intensity of the surrounding light and activates Sleep mode if the condition stays more than 3 minutes. This function can be overwritten if Airmega 300S is not in Smart mode (manual speed) or high pollution level is detected. On the right, you have a big Power button, a small Air speed/ mode button, and five small indicator light to reflect on the current operating mode. Power button will obviously turn on/ off the air purifier (hold for 2-3 seconds), Air speed/ mode button will cycle between the 3 fan speed, Smart mode, and Sleep mode. The air purifier pollution sensor’s sensitivity can be adjusted too, but it requires a combination of 2 buttons. First, press and hold on to the light button, then press the Air speed/ mode button repeatedly until the desired sensitivity is selected. 1 fan bar = sensitive, 2 fan bar = normal, 3 fan bar = less sensitive. On the whole, there are plenty of dedicated button controls that is well-indicated for easy access.
Here is where the differences play it part. Coway Airmega 300S comes with Wi-Fi support which allows you to manage your air purifier via Airmega mobile IoCare App. Available in both iTunes and Google Play, pairing Airmega 300S is pretty straightforward for both iPhone and Android phones especially on higher end model once you are used to the standard procedure. Through Airmega’s IoCare app, you can remotely control your air purifier fan speed, switch to Smart/ Sleep mode, real-time air monitoring plus Indoor/ Outdoor Air Quality Report and scheduler/ timer. While timer comes with pre-set 1, 2, 4, 8 hours setting, scheduler is no doubt our favorite where you could program up to weekly schedule to turn on or off the air purifier. Airmega 300S also works with Amazon Alexa where you could link it via devices like Amazon Echo. Standard list of voice command includes activating/ deactivating the air purifier, switching to Smart/ Sleep mode, altering the fan speed, set timer, check filter life status and air quality.
To repeat, here are the standard features available in the air purifier. A 4 stage filtration, Smart mode (Auto/ Sleep/ Eco), 3 fan speed, Wi-Fi enabled (IoCare app/ Alexa) separate pre-filter/ HEPA filter indicator based on runtime, scheduler/ timer, air quality indicator, 30 days satisfaction money back guarantee, and 5 years manufacturer warranty.
Airflow, CADR and everything in between
What’s inside count
^ Airmega 300S filters/ technologies/ lifespanThe familiar 4-stage filtration setup found in every other Airmega models, Coway Airmega 300S works exactly like 300 with dual Pre-filter on both sides, a Green True HEPA filter and Activated Carbon filter in its core. Whenever the air purifier pulls air into the machine, the first-stage pre-filter on each side would block out large, airborne contaminants and leaving only small particles alone in the journey. With only microscopic allergens left, the Green True HEPA filter would unconditionally trap allergens and germs as small as 0.3 microns with an effective rate of 99.97%. For smoke, odor, and chemical gases, the Activated Carbon filter comes into play with an efficiency rate of 99%, before releasing purified air back out. Like any of the Airmega models, there is no ionizer or similar technology intact, so the air purifier solely relies on the quality of its Max2 filters.
Hair/ Pet hair