Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 Specification
|Product||Alen BreatheSmart FIT50|
|RSPRetail suggested cost||+- 499|
16.8 x 22.3 x 10 in
(42.7 x 56.6 x 25.4 cm)
|Weight||16 lb (7.3 kg)|
|Coverage (up to)||900 sq. ft. (84 m2)|
|Dust free (CADR)||220 cfm (374 m3/h)|
|Pollen free (CADR)||220 cfm (374 m3/h)|
|Smoke free (CADR)||220 cfm (374 m3/h)|
|Airflow speed||110-231 cfm (187-392 m3/h)|
|A filterAnnual filter cost ($)||+- 53 - 158|
- Replacement cost ($)
- Replacement cost ($)
HEPA-Pure Filter FF50
6 - 18 months
- Replacement cost ($)
- Replacement cost ($)
HEPA-Silver Filter FF50-SILVER-CARBON
6 - 18 months+- $89
HEPA-OdorCell Filter F50-MP
6 - 18 months+- $129
HEPA-FreshPlus Filter FF50-VOC
6 - 18 months+- $119
|Noise level||32 - 49 dB|
|Power consumption||60 W|
|Timer/ Scheduler||2, 4, 12 hours|
|More color options|
|Air qualityAQ indicator|
|Filter change indicator|
|Warranty||Lifetime Limited Warranty|
|Email/ Phone support|
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 key features
- 3-stage filtration with built-in ionizer
- Washable pre-filter
- HEPA-Pure filter (swappable - see optional)
- 4 fan speeds plus auto mode
- Advanced SmartSensor
- Changeable front cover panel
- Child-lock control panel and child-safe vent guard
- 4, 8, 12 hour timer
- Smart Filter Light indicator
- Alen Lifetime limited warranty
- [Optional] filters - HEPA-Silver filter, HEPA-FreshPlus filter, HEPA-OdorCell filter
Slightly smaller than the standard BreatheSmart model, Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 retains its conventional body size at 16.8 x 22.3 x 10 in that feels a lot more compact in real life. Overall Weight also dropped at only 16 lb (compare with 21 lb) which mean moving the air purifier around is no issue. Almost everything from the design cue is brought forward including our favorite swap-able front panel. Select one of the 14 beautiful front cover panel ranging from Seafoan-Green to Rosewood design. On to the usability, if you are familiar with BreatheSmart series controls, Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 would fit right in as everything is pretty much identical. With 4 fanspeed and an optional Ionizer button in the control, other features you would find in this 3-stage filtration air purifier including WhisperMax technology, SmartSensor with auto mode, air quality indicator with display, sleep mode, Advanced Smart Filter that automatically adjust filter replacement time based on usage/ condition, Child-lock/ Auto-off safety feature, UL listed, ENERGY STAR rated and Lifetime limited warranty.
Airflow, CADR and everything in between
What’s inside count
^ Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 filters/ lifespan/ priceLet's start with the permanent pre-filter. Its washable and works exactly as advertised; trap large-size pollutants such as pet hair, dust while prolonging HEPA filter lifespan. Uniquely Alen, you have the option to choose 1 of the 4 types of HEPA filter that each has their own specialty. The default HEPA-Pure filter is effective against common household allergens but it lacks any deodorization filtration. HEPA-FreshPlus is the enhanced version that would target, chemical, smoke and VOCs dispersed from home. For mold, germs issue that relates to asthma, you have the HEPA-Silver. Finally HEPA-OdorCell is magnificent against stinky old diaper and pet odor. On leftover or unclear pollutants, the optional ionizer would comes into play.
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 is covered against
Hair/ Pet hair
Keep it down
At what cost
^ Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 replacement filters estimated cost
Alen BreatheSmart ClassicThe first and standard version with the best in-class airflow performance and coverage but you will have to do with a higher price tag and bulkier framework.
Alen BreatheSmart FLEXThe smallest and more cost-effective version that have to compromise on purifying coverage, airflow performance and SmartSensors.
- Multiple color option/ wood trim design front panel cover.
- Excellent purifying coverage/ airflow delivery although its less effective against standard BreatheSmart.
- Up to 3 specialist filter upgrades (HEPA-FreshPlus , HEPA-Silver, HEPA-OdorCell).
- Ionizer is optional that can be disable via the button.
- Longer lasting filters (up to 18 months) on regular use.
- Smart Filter replacement indicator that calculates filter lifespan based on usage/ fanspeed/ environment.
- 4 fanspeed with Auto mode, SmartSensor, pre-set timer.
- Child friendly machine with safe vent guard and locking control panel.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- HEPA-Pure filter lacks odor filtration and optional filter with deodorization requires top up.
- No dedicated odor carbon filter to support the HEPA filter lifespan.
- Noise is clearly audible at higher speed although still bearable.
More on Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 customizable
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 customizable is totally designed and constructed on overall look, reliability and durability for owner that needs sheer best. Starting at the air purifier design, combining the changeable front panel selections with minimalist elements, Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 customizable exhibit a modern yet plainness visual appeal. Fitting on controls are perfectly connected that would be long lasting for responsive and sensitive adjustment. Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 customizable is well fitted that you could anticipate only minimal notable gaps on its structure. In short, top-notch build quality that would endure some harsh usage.
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 customizable airflow performance and purifying coverageThe primary attribute of Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 customizable, at 900 sq. ft. it is more than enough for purifying coverage. The all-round airflow output is also excellent. That is to say, Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 customizable is appropriate for studio apartment, kitchen, dining area, master bedroom or office. Continuing with the purifying effectiveness, Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 customizable fanspeed at full-blast would have no issue clear away airborne particles that is lingering the household. Air-borne pollutants example dust, mold, pollen, mildew and pet dander that is floating around would now be completely absorbed and contained by the air purifier.
Maintenance and careArguably Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 customizable is one of the most convenient air purifier to maintain in the segment that user truly fancied for its simple and plainness design. As routine upkeeping required to retain the air purifier condition, Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 customizable is reasonably simple to maintain by utilizing a damp cloth to wipe out any kind of stain and dust. On air-ventilation and filters, use a brush to gently sweep and brush the air-vent intake and output to impede dust from disrupting the air flow circulation.
Noise level and power consumption
Final thoughts on Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 customizableOverall, Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 customizable is certainly the ideal choice if your basic requirement consists of purifying effectiveness, reliability and durability. Compare with the advantages/disadvantages, the positive aspects you would get from the air purifier stands out more than the shortcomings. As reflected above, Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 customizable is our top pick between the 3 BreatheSmart models.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)FAQ
Can I use Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 filters on BreatheSmart Classic/ Flex?
What is WhisperMax technology?
Can Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 front panel be painted?
What is the differences between Alen BreatheSmart Classic, BreatheSmart Fit50 and BreatheSmart Flex?
- Alen BreatheSmart is the highest range in its stable that has the best purifying coverage, CADR/ airflow follow by Alen BreatheSmart Fit50 and BreatheSmart Flex.
- Alen BreatheSmart Fit50 surprisingly has the lowest noise level although it's hard to tell in real life situation.
- Both Alen BreatheSmart and BreatheSmart Fit50 comes with WhisperMax technology and SmartSensor + Auto mode while BreatheSmart Flex have to do without.
- Alen BreatheSmart Fit50 and BreatheSmart Flex also comes with Advanced Smart Filter Life that calculates filter lifespan based on usage/ environment while BreatheSmart Flex have to do with basic Filter Life that based on runtime.
|Alen BreatheSmart||Alen BreatheSmart Fit50||Alen BreatheSmart Flex|
|Coverage||1100 sq. ft. (102 m2)||900 sq. ft. (84 m2)||700 sq. ft. (65 m2)|
|CADR||300 cfm (510 m3/h)||220 cfm (374 m3/h)||245 cfm (416 m3/h)|
|Airflow||150-286 cfm (255-486 m3/h)||110-231 cfm (187-392 m3/h)||53-187 cfm (90-318 m3/h)|
|SmartSensor + Auto mode|
|Filter replacement indicator||Smart Filter Light||Smart Filter Light||Filter Light|
|Weight||21 lb (9.5 kg)||16 lb (7.3 kg)||15 lb (6.8 kg)|
How to tell apart which BreatheSmart do I owned?
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 indicator LED light is very bright. Is there a way to turn it off?
Where is Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 air purifier made from?
What does Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 Lifetime Limited Warranty cover?
- Warranty will only be applicable if you are the unit original purchaser and in the US or Mexico.
- Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 air purifier must be connected to a proper power supply (see voltage label). Using voltage converter, transformer or plug adapter will effectively void the warranty.
- Shows no evidence of tampering, accidental damage, mishandling, modification or repair by anyone other than authorized Alen service personnel.
- Replace the filter as stipulated timeframe in the manual to avoid excessive stress on the motor.
- Remember to keep your proof of purchase and register your Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 air purifier at www.alencorp.com/register or call 1-800-630-2396 for warranty validation.
What is the differences between each Alen HEPA filters and which Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 replacement filter should I get?
All Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 filters are great at addressing dust, allergies and asthma. For a specific concern, choose:
- HEPA-Pure - standard filter for household allergy relief.
- HEPA-Silver - advanced all-around solution filter that is best against mold, germs & bacteria.
- HEPA-Fresh/ HEPA-FreshPlus - chemical filter that is best against strong chemicals, smoke and VOCs.
- HEPA-OdorCell - odor neutralizer that is best in removing diaper smell and pet odor.
What is the difference between Smart Filter Light and standard Filter Light?
What is the differences between HEPA-Silver and HEPA-FreshPlus as both comes with activated carbon?
How many filters Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 used?
Which is the best filter for paint, chemicals or formaldehyde fumes??
Which is the best filter to get rid of the smoke from wildfire/ wood burning?
Does Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 get rid of cigarette smoke?
- Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 will not remove residual smoke/ odors from wall paint, furniture, carpet and drapes.
- Make sure Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 is used in the recommended room size or intended source.
- Run on higher fan speed for maximum efficiency.
- Avoid smoker from smoking indoor.
Which filter would work best to get rid of musty mold in a basement?
Which filter do I need to get rid of pet odors and litter box odors?
Which filter in Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 is best for just eliminating cooking smells in an open kitchen?
Is it possible to use more than 1 customizable filter at the same time?
How do I reset Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 filter indicator after I have replaced it with a new filter?
Where do I find Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 replacement filter?
What is the function of SmartSensor with Auto-Mode?
Is Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 air purifier wall mountable?
Which filter does Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 comes with?
Is Alen BreatheSmart FIT50's HEPA filter washable?
Can you use an extension cord on Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 air purifier?
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 Troubleshooting
Things you might be interested
Explore more High purifying coverage air purifiers