Alen BreatheSmart Classic Specification
|Product||Alen BreatheSmart Classic|
|RSPRetail suggested cost||+- 599|
17.8 x 26.8 x 10 in
(45.2 x 68.1 x 25.4 cm)
|Weight||21 lb (9.5 kg)|
|Coverage (up to)||1100 sq. ft. (102 m2)|
|Dust free (CADR)||300 cfm (510 m3/h)|
|Pollen free (CADR)||300 cfm (510 m3/h)|
|Smoke free (CADR)||300 cfm (510 m3/h)|
|Airflow speed||150-286 cfm (255-486 m3/h)|
|A filterAnnual filter cost ($)||+- 46 - 138|
- Replacement cost ($)
- Replacement cost ($)
HEPA-Pure Filter BF35
6 - 18 months
- Replacement cost ($)
- Replacement cost ($)
HEPA-Silver Filter BF35-SILVER-CARBON
6 - 18 months+- $79
HEPA-OdorCell Filter BF35-MP
6 - 18 months+- $109
HEPA-FreshPlus Filter BF35-VOC
6 - 18 months+- $89
|Noise level||42 - 56 dB|
|Power consumption||64 - 105 W|
|Timer/ Scheduler||4, 8, 12 hours|
|More color options|
|Air qualityAQ indicator|
|Filter change indicator|
|Warranty||Lifetime Limited Warranty|
|Email/ Phone support|
Alen BreatheSmart Classic key features
- 3-stage filtration with ionizer
- Washable pre-filter
- HEPA-Pure filter
- 4 fan speeds with auto mode
- Advanced SmartSensor
- Personalizable front cover panel
- Child-lock control panel and child-safe vent guard
- 4, 8, 12 hour Pre-set timer
- Smart Filter Light indicator
- Lifetime limited warranty
- [Optional] filters - HEPA-Silver filter, HEPA-FreshPlus filter, HEPA-OdorCell filter
At a conventional air purifier size of 17.8 x 26.8 x 10 in, Alen BreatheSmart Classic is one of the most modern, eye-pleasing air purifier in its class thanks to the front wood trim cover design. Up to 14 front cover panel to ranging from Brushed stainless steel to Weathered grey, there is definitely 1 design that would suit your home decor. Weight wise is considerably light for its segment at only 21 lb, you could easily carry the air purifier via its back handle. Operating Alen BreatheSmart Classic air purifier is super easy with separate large round button and dedicated indicator light. Standard list of equipment includes 3-stage filtration with 4 fanspeed, washable pre-filter, HEPA-Pure filter, Ionizer, SmartSensor with auto mode, air quality indicator, quiet WhisperMax technology, Advanced Smart Filter that calculates filter replacement life based on usage/ environment, sleep mode, child lock, Auto-off safety feature which disable the unit from functioning when front cover is not properly closed, UL listed, Energy Star rated and Lifetime limited warranty.
Airflow, CADR and everything in between
What’s inside count
^ Alen BreatheSmart Classic filters/ lifespan/ priceWhile Alen BreatheSmart Classic "only" comes with 3-stage filtration, it still rocks in filtering out common airborne pollutants at a reasonable time. Starting with the washable pre-filter that would trap large particles such as dust and pet hair while prolonging the HEPA filter lifespan. Depending on which HEPA filter you choose, the basic HEPA-Pure filter is great at filtering out common allergens without any deodorization capability. Optional filters upgrade includes mold, germs & asthma specialist HEPA-Silver, chemical, VOCs, smoke targeted HEPA-FreshPlus (recommended) and pet & diaper odor neutralizer HEPA-OdorCell. Last but not least the built-in ionizer would release negative ions and electrostatically merge unwanted particles causing them to drop to the floor.
Alen BreatheSmart Classic is covered against
Hair/ Pet hair
Keep it down
At what cost
^ Alen BreatheSmart Classic replacement filters estimated cost
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50Slightly smaller version with similarity in design and swappable front panel. Purifying coverage is only up to 900 sq ft.
Alen BreatheSmart FLEXThe smallest version with cheaper price tag however purifying coverage is only up to 700 sq ft. Again similar design and setup with plenty of front panel to go for.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-700AThinner and lighter frame size air purifier with 6-stage filtration that also comes with changeable cover. Coverage wise its on the same par with BreatheSmart.
- Plenty of swappable wood trim front cover design.
- Wide purifying coverage, superior airflow delivery rate and highly adjustable (up to 4 speed).
- Up to 3 optional filter upgrade to choose from depending on your needs.
- Ionizer could be turn on or off.
- Longer lasting filters (up to 18 months) depending on usage volume/ air quality.
- Accurate Smart Filter Light replacement indicator that calculates based on usage/ fanspeed/ environment.
- Abundance of features - SmartSensor (air quality sensor), auto mode, filter life timer, pre-set timer.
- Child friendly machine with locking control panel and safe vent guard.
- Alen unique Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- Lacks odor filtration on bundled HEPA-Pure filter (Optional filter upgrade required).
- No dedicated odor carbon filter which could come in handy as filter replacement can be done separately.
- Noisy at highest speed nevertheless Auto mode does come to rescue.
More on Alen BreatheSmart customizable
Built with significant plastic housing, Alen BreatheSmart customizable air purifier is large and tall though not the bulkiest in its class. The omission of casters makes sense as it is not the heaviest at only 21 lb. You could easily carry it around with the built-in handle. Plenty of indicator lights with round touch buttons located at the top panel, abundant of air intake and outtake surrounding side/ top of the air purifier. Filters are easily changeable via the front magnetic cover. The most fantastic part of this air purifier is the available designer panels cover option that we could personalize (check out Dark Espresso Wood Grain) similar to how we change our cellphone cover. On the whole Alen BreatheSmart customizable air cleaner design is clean, nicely executed yet easy to use.
Applicable area, airflow, noise level and power inputOne of the strongest point of Alen BreatheSmart customizable HEPA air purifier. With the release of 2 air changes per hour, the air purifier can effectively cover a maximum of 102 m2 or 1100 sq. ft. in removing particles down to 0.3 microns. Parallel to the Airflow delivery strength, Alen BreatheSmart customizable has a highly impressive and consistent airflow delivery rate. Powered by WhisperMax technology, the noise level of the air purifier is reduced to 41.5 dB and 56 dB vary on the airflow speed. Inevitably, the power input level is rather high as to accommodate the strong airflow output, between 64 watts minimum to 105 watts maximum.
Final thoughts on Alen BreatheSmart customizableThere is no question on the capabilities of Alen BreatheSmart customizable HEPA air purifier but ask yourself, what is the purpose of purchasing an air purifier? Do you really need to spend that much on a top notch air purifier? If the answer is YES, what we have here is an air purifier that not only large in size, but large in features and performance. Best of all, Alen BreatheSmart customizable is not only customizable on exterior, but in interior (optional filters) as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)FAQ
Can I use Alen BreatheSmart Classic filters on BreatheSmart FIT50/ Flex?
What is WhisperMax technology?
Can Alen BreatheSmart Classic front panel be painted?
What is the differences between Alen BreatheSmart Classic, BreatheSmart Fit50 and BreatheSmart Flex?
- Alen BreatheSmart is the highest range in its stable that has the best purifying coverage, CADR/ airflow follow by Alen BreatheSmart Fit50 and BreatheSmart Flex.
- Alen BreatheSmart Fit50 surprisingly has the lowest noise level although it's hard to tell in real life situation.
- Both Alen BreatheSmart and BreatheSmart Fit50 comes with WhisperMax technology and SmartSensor + Auto mode while BreatheSmart Flex have to do without.
- Alen BreatheSmart Fit50 and BreatheSmart Flex also comes with Advanced Smart Filter Life that calculates filter lifespan based on usage/ environment while BreatheSmart Flex have to do with basic Filter Life that based on runtime.
|Alen BreatheSmart||Alen BreatheSmart Fit50||Alen BreatheSmart Flex|
|Coverage||1100 sq. ft. (102 m2)||900 sq. ft. (84 m2)||700 sq. ft. (65 m2)|
|CADR||300 cfm (510 m3/h)||220 cfm (374 m3/h)||245 cfm (416 m3/h)|
|Airflow||150-286 cfm (255-486 m3/h)||110-231 cfm (187-392 m3/h)||53-187 cfm (90-318 m3/h)|
|SmartSensor + Auto mode|
|Filter replacement indicator||Smart Filter Light||Smart Filter Light||Filter Light|
|Weight||21 lb (9.5 kg)||16 lb (7.3 kg)||15 lb (6.8 kg)|
How to tell apart which BreatheSmart do I owned?
Alen BreatheSmart Classic indicator LED light is very bright. Is there a way to turn it off?
Where is Alen BreatheSmart Classic air purifier made from?
What does Alen BreatheSmart Classic Lifetime Limited Warranty cover?
- Warranty will only be applicable if you are the unit original purchaser and in the US or Mexico.
- Alen BreatheSmart Classic air purifier must be connected to a proper power supply (see voltage label). Using voltage converter, transformer or plug adapter will effectively void the warranty.
- Shows no evidence of tampering, accidental damage, mishandling, modification or repair by anyone other than authorized Alen service personnel.
- Replace the filter as stipulated timeframe in the manual to avoid excessive stress on the motor.
- Remember to keep your proof of purchase and register your Alen BreatheSmart Classic air purifier at www.alencorp.com/register or call 1-800-630-2396 for warranty validation.
What is the differences between each Alen HEPA filters and which Alen BreatheSmart Classic replacement filter should I get?
All Alen BreatheSmart Classic filters are great at addressing dust, allergies and asthma. For a specific concern, choose:
- HEPA-Pure - standard filter for household allergy relief.
- HEPA-Silver - advanced all-around solution filter that is best against mold, germs & bacteria.
- HEPA-Fresh/ HEPA-FreshPlus - chemical filter that is best against strong chemicals, smoke and VOCs.
- HEPA-OdorCell - odor neutralizer that is best in removing diaper smell and pet odor.
What is the difference between Smart Filter Light and standard Filter Light?
What is the differences between HEPA-Silver and HEPA-FreshPlus as both comes with activated carbon?
How many filters Alen BreatheSmart Classic used?
Which is the best filter for paint, chemicals or formaldehyde fumes??
Which is the best filter to get rid of the smoke from wildfire/ wood burning?
Does Alen BreatheSmart Classic get rid of cigarette smoke?
- Alen BreatheSmart Classic will not remove residual smoke/ odors from wall paint, furniture, carpet and drapes.
- Make sure Alen BreatheSmart Classic is used in the recommended room size or intended source.
- Run on higher fan speed for maximum efficiency.
- Avoid smoker from smoking indoor.
Which filter would work best to get rid of musty mold in a basement?
Which filter do I need to get rid of pet odors and litter box odors?
Which filter in Alen BreatheSmart Classic is best for just eliminating cooking smells in an open kitchen?
Is it possible to use more than 1 customizable filter at the same time?
How do I reset Alen BreatheSmart Classic filter indicator after I have replaced it with a new filter?
Where do I find Alen BreatheSmart Classic replacement filter?
What is the function of SmartSensor with Auto-Mode?
Is Alen BreatheSmart Classic air purifier wall mountable?
Which filter does Alen BreatheSmart Classic comes with?
Is Alen BreatheSmart Classic's HEPA filter washable?
Can you use an extension cord on Alen BreatheSmart Classic air purifier?
Alen BreatheSmart Classic Troubleshooting
Things you might be interested
Explore more High purifying coverage air purifiers