Since 1960, IQAir has been selling air purifying solutions to hospital and industrial level. With numerous awards throughout the world, IQair Healthpro Plus is no doubt the finest air purifier a person could get that requiring absolute clean air. Apart from the Swiss quality assurance, the new improved edition promises up to 25% more clean air, 32% less noise and 38% longer filter life. Without wasting much time, let’s take a closer look at the IQAir HealthPro Plus new edition.
IQAir HealthPro Plus Specification
|Product||RSPRetail suggested cost ($)||Link|
W x H x D
|Weight||Room size/ Coverage (up to)||Dust free (CADR)||Pollen free (CADR)||Smoke free (CADR)||Airflow speed||Fanspeed||Filtration||A filterAnnual filter cost ($)|
- Replacement cost ($)
- Replacement cost ($)
Deodorization/ Carbon filter
- Replacement cost ($)
UV-light/ PCO technologies
Other filters/ Treatment
All-in-one filters/ Cartridge
- Replacement cost ($)
Optional filter/ Addons
|Noise level||Power consumption||Timer/ Schedule||Sensors||Multiple color options||Auto mode||Air qualityAQ indicator||Filter replacement indicator||Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth enabled||ENERGY STAR certified||Remote control||Child lock||Warranty||Email & Phone support|
|IQAir HealthPro Plus||+- 899|
15 x 28 x 16 in
(38.1 x 71.1 x 40.6 cm)
|35.3 lb (16 kg)||1098 sq. ft. (102 m2)||41-300 cfm (70-510 m3/h)||6||4-stage||+- 152|
PreMax Filter F8 (S)
HyperHEPA Filter H12/13 (L)
V5-Cell Gas & Odor Filter MG
|25 - 59 dB||27 - 215 W||Schedule (Time x Day x Speed)||3 years|
IQAir HealthPro Plus key features
- 4-stage filtration with 6 fanspeed and 320 degree distribution
- PreMax pre-filter
- HyperHEPA True HEPA filter
- V5-Cell MG Carbon filter
- Pelletized chemisorption filter from V5-Cell
- 3D UltraSeal triple-seal technology body
- 4 language digital display with advanced scheduling timer
- Remote control
- Certified on quality and performance
- 10 years warranty
Iconic design that is highly recognizable even from far, IQAir HealthPro Plus 15 x 28 x 16 in/ 35.3 lb weight is big and bulky that would not fit into tight spaces. Moving around the air purifier is no easy task but fortunately there is top carry handle and casters standing-by. Build quality is Swiss grade with impact resistant ABS plastic housing and 3D UltraSeal triple-seal technology that prevents any leakage. The long list of IQAir HealthPro Plus features include 4-stage filtration with 6 fanspeed, PreMax pre-filter, HyperHEPA True HEPA filter, V5-Cell MG Carbon filter, 3D UltraSeal body, digital display with programmable timer that allows you to pre-set start time/ end time and speed setting separately from Monday through Sunday, Intelligent Filter Life Monitor displays in green, orange (20% lifespan left), red (10% lifespan left) and flashing red when filter is exhausted, individually certified performance, IAACM (International Association of Air Cleaner Manufacturers) certified, no-ozone 100% Healthy technology, 3 years warranty.
Airflow, CADR and everything in between
What’s inside count
^ IQAir HealthPro Plus filters/ lifespan/ priceIQAir HealthPro Plus 4-stage filters filtration strength is undoubtedly the best in its class. Starting with the latest PreMax Filter F8 that not only capture large contaminants such as dust, it also capture micro-sized particles such as Pollen, spores, pet dander, mold that is typically capture by HEPA filter. Secondly smokes and odors notoriously from cigarette, VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) would be capture and eliminate by V5-Cell Granular activated Carbon filter. The V5-Cell also includes Pelletized chemisorption filter that eliminate other harmful chemicals e.g. formaldehyde. Lastly and most importantly the highly effective HyperHEPA filtration system can retain 0.003 microns size; 100 times smaller size contaminants than most HEPA air purifier could.
IQAir HealthPro Plus is covered against
Hair/ Pet hair
Keep it down
At what cost
^ IQAir HealthPro Plus replacement filters estimated cost
IQAir HealthProCheaper thought not significantly, if you are absolutely sure there is no use for V5-Cell Gas & Odor Filter. This non-plus version is the one you should go for.
Airgle AG900Another competitive alternative that has similar range price, build quality and performance with different filtration setup.
Blueair 650EImpressive airflow performance at a lower price tag. Downside is the Short filter lifespan thus frequent replacing is required.
- Made in Switzerland craftsmanship with strong impact resistant ABS plastic and zero-leak triple-seal technology.
- PreMax pre-filter that is capable of capturing both large and micro-particles such as pollen, spores, mold.
- Effective V5-Cell MG Granular activated Carbon filter that absorb and eradicate all types smoke and odor.
- HyperHEPA is the best True HEPA filter we reviewed that is capable of trapping ultra-particles down to 0.003 microns.
- Long-lasting filter. True HEPA filter has 4 years lifespan, Carbon filter has 2 years lifespan and even pre-filter has a 18 months lifespan.
- Certified quality and performance. Each air purifier are individually tested to ensure the air purifier meets the strict specifications.
- Noise level is considerably low in its segment given the air purifier airflow strength and speed.
- Powerful 320 degree airflow distribution that provides one of the widest purifying coverage.
- Up to 6 selectable fanspeed that can also be adjusted via remote control.
- Built-in programmable timer that allows specific fanspeed, time, day or week scheduling.
- Easy layer filter replacement that slides out individually instead of conventional front cover style.
- Industrial leading 10 years warranty.
- No dust & odor sensors = no automatic fan speed setting and air quality indicator.
- Bulky and heavy that is difficult to move around even with carrying handle and casters.
More on IQAir HealthPro Plus air purifier
Engineered and built in Switzerland, IQair Healthpro Plus air cleaner is constructed using non-off gassing with high quality UV impact-resistant ABS plastic components. As with most Swiss products, superior craftsmanship with great attention are given to every IQAir built, Filters are tightly sealed in the housing. Top panel consist of four key touch pad with liquid crystal display (LCD) that shows user programmable timer status, filter lifespan (in green, orange, red), fan speed and can display up to 4 languages: English, German, French or Spanish. Airborne pollutants are absorbed from the unit bottom all the way to the top, where majority of the pollutants resides. Moving around the unit is not easy even with the 4 casters as it weights 16kg; most heavy duty air purifier will only weight about 11kg.
Applicable area, airflow, noise level and power inputThe best of the best. A remarkable maximum room coverage of 102 m2 (1098 ft2) for the IQair Healthpro Plus. Selectable six different fan speeds, the higher the fan speed, the quicker and greater amount of room air will be filtered. At highest setting, the airflow speed could achieve a maximum rate of 510 m³/h; far greater than most air purifiers. One thing missing though is the automatic fan speed mode that for me is rather useful at some point. As for noise level, at 25 dB in the lowest setting and 59 dB in the highest setting, noise level is definitely not IQAir HealthPro strong point. Still, anything from fan speed 3 and below will only generate a weak background hum that is still pleasant enough to be ignored. Power input is on the high side even in new edition models. The unit could consume take up to 215 W of power at maximum speed; 4 times more than average air purifier. The good thing is there is no need to turn on the unit 24 x 7 and there is a built-in timer as you could set the unit off automatically.
Final thoughts on IQAir HealthPro PlusYes, IQAir HealthPro Plus air purifier are expensive compared with other air purifiers available in the market. However, IQair Healthpro Plus will offer you the absolute best in terms of quality and filtration performance, far ahead of its closest competitor. If you are looking for the ultimate air purifier available, look no further.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)FAQ
IQAir HealthPro Plus Troubleshooting
Things you might be interested
Explore more High purifying coverage air purifiers