The compiled list of Airmega air review, Airmega purifier or nowadays Coway Airmega is a new generation smart air purifier that comes with all the bells and whistles available in the air filtration world. In this Airmega review guide, we will be looking into the compatibility of Wi-Fi pairing with Amazon Alexa, accuracy of its light and pollution sensor, what ground (room size) it will cover, airflow delivery rate, filtration depth of Max2 Filter and finally Airmega competitiveness in pricing and maintenance. Each Airmega air purifier listed here also comes with our final verdict, pros and cons plus full specification that you can compare with. The ultimate stop of all Airmega review that you should read before purchasing one.
About Airmega ReviewA new type of air purifier for a new generation, Airmega used to be a standalone brand from Coway and now its back under the brand again known as Coway Airmega. Most people will know Coway as a pure water leader with millions of water purifiers installed across the globe. With around 220 researchers and over 4,300 intellectual properties, the R&D division is focused on developing sustainable technologies related to healthy water and air. Airmega under Coway will continue to prosper through continuous innovation, research and development.
Source: Coway official website
Getting to know Airmega
Filters and Technologies
Overall airflow performance
Which Airmega air purifier to go for?
The starter air purifier that’s nothing of a starter, Airmega 300 has the airflow performance and purifying coverage that would put other brand “premium” model to shame. The maximum 1256 sq. ft. can cover a lot of grounds including a full-size living hall. 260 cfm clean air delivery rate is also equally where no household allergens, bacteria, chemical, smoke and odor would be too difficult for Airmega 300. 3 pre-set timer via the control panel and 5 years warranty also comes standard. Perhaps the best feature for some, Airmega 300 is almost indistinguishable from its Wi-Fi enabled version and the higher range 400 series. The modernize casing is as practical as it is pleasant to look at with dual suction inlet, well-integrated air quality indicator and easy to use control.Of course Airmega 300 is not really a “starter” air purifier given its well-equipped features, outstanding airflow delivery rate and premium price tag. It also misses out on Sleep mode feature that automatically adjust the fan speed to low when there is no light source and the Wi-Fi connectivity available in 300S.
- Very wide purifying coverage despite being the least expensive in its series.
- Dual pre-filter that traps large particles coming from both sides. Also protect and extent the inner filter lifespan.
- Excellent allergens and smoke filtration via its Green True HEPA/ Carbon filter.
- Auto mode that is sensitive to surrounding air quality.
- Separate Pre-filter and MAX2 filter lifetime indicator.
- Built-in timer without having to rely on the app.
- Clear and accurate real-time air quality display indicator.
- Acceptable annual Max2 filter replacement cost for its higher-end category.
- 5 years official warranty from Coway.
- Still expensive despite being the cheapest model in the group.
- After online discounted price, you only need to top up a little bit more for the Wi-Fi version (300S).
- Lacks auto sleep mode and real-time filter replacement indicator found in 400/ 400S models.
- No Ionizer as an additional filtration option.
If you fancy Airmega 300 yet do not want to give up on the Wi-Fi feature, you’re in luck as Airmega 300S is exactly that. Essentially the same model as Airmega 300 with added Wi-Fi feature, Airmega 300 allows remote access to the air purifier through android or apple phone. Inside Airmega’s smartphone app, you can control the air purifier speed, change different purifying mode, access real-time air quality report and setup timer or scheduler (exclusive to IoCare app). Airmega 300S also pair well with Amazon Alexa to perform simple commands including turning on or off the air purifier, switching to Smart/ Sleep mode, fan speed change, setup timer, get air quality report and check filter life status.If you do not fancy the price tag of Airmega 300, Airmega 300S is even costlier although only by a smaller margin. There is a learning curve on the app but you should be able to get the hang of it within couple of hours. Lastly the lack of autonomous sleep mode and real-time HEPA and carbon filter usage monitoring might be the last straw of choosing over the 400 series.
- 4-stage filtration with wide purifying applicable area (at 2 air charges).
- Use 2 Pre-filter on each side of the air purifier to traps dust and pet hair.
- Highly-efficient allergen, smoke and odor filtration with the combined Max2 filter.
- Convenience and highly practical Smart mode (Auto mode/ Sleep mode).
- Separate Pre-filter and MAX2 filter lifespan indicator.
- Remotely access the air purifier functions via IoCare app.
- Real-time air quality display indicator.
- Adjustable sensor's sensitivity level (sensitive, normal, less sensitive).
- Reasonable Max2 filter replacement cost that only requires one yearly change.
- Standard 5 years warranty.
- Expensive based price that is close to the non-Wi-Fi 400 version.
- Little learning curve on setting up Wi-Fi connectivity for first time user.
- No built-in timer. Only accessible via Airmega app.
- Lacks autonomous sleep mode activation (available in 400/ 400S).
- Lacks real-time HEPA and Carbon filter change indicator (available in 400/ 400S).
- No Ionizer within its filtration list.
If the power of Airmega 300 series still does not satisfy you, perhaps Airmega 400 can be the ultimate answer. At quick glance it might have the identical offering as 300 series from the modern exterior to the filtration setup, on closer look you will see there is more unique features that is only available here. Firstly, there is a full black version that you can choose, 2 real-time filter lifespan update and indicator for HEPA and carbon filter, automatic Sleep mode activation when light is cut off and finally, Airmega 400 has a wider 1560 sq. ft. purifying coverage along with the bump up 350 cfm CADR for dust, pollen and smoke.There is a price for all the nifty stuffs other than the actual price. For starter Airmega 400 is heavier and bigger than Airmega 300/ 300S. It also consumes more power (understandably so) with no extra filtration advantage such as an Ionizer or UV-light. Needless to say, if you want the Wi-Fi version, you have to top up even more.
- 4-stage filtration with very wide purifying coverage.
- Dual pre-filter that traps large particles from both sides of the air inlet.
- Max2 filter (Green True HEPA + Activated Carbon) is great against smoke and micron size pollutants
- Auto mode with adjustable sensitivity for more accurate detection.
- Sleep mode that automatically adjusts the light and speed when there is no light source.
- Pre-filter and MAX2 filter lifespan indicator is based on real-time usage and environment.
- Clear and accurate air quality display indicator.
- 5 years Airmega official warranty.
- Cheaper than 400S model but still relatively expensive.
- Expensive filter replacement cost despite only one annual filter change (Max2 filter).
- No remote access (via app) as 400 have to do without Wi-Fi connectivity support.
- Lacks optional Ionizer feature even though not everyone would utilize it.
You want power and the latest technologies, Airmega 400S will cover all that and more. It has up to 1560 sq.ft. coverage, a whopping 350 cfm of clean air delivery rate (CADR), 4 speed with Auto/ Eco mode, dual suction inlet with 2 permanent pre-filter, carbon filter and Green True HEPA filter. It also has the unique 400 series feature like auto Sleep mode via light sensor and real-time filter usage indicator for Carbon and HEPA filter. Basically a mirror to Airmega 400 with added Wi-Fi support. Using Airmega's IoCare app that is downloadable via iTunes or Google Play, you can use your smartphone as a remote control to access your air purifier functions plus features that is only available in the app such as scheduler, air quality update with history report and voice command via Amazon Alexa.Other than the almost inaccessible pricing, the lack of an ionizer or UV-light filtration might be the one thing that makes Airmega 400S incomplete. Not a deal breaker but something that could be there given its price tag. Like all the recommendation we had given in Airmega air purifier review, go with the smaller 300 series model if you do not need the extra airflow juice as there is little differences between them.
- 4-stage filtration with widest purifying coverage in its group.
- Dual pre-filter that cover and protect the HEPA filter from large particles like dust.
- Outstanding allergens and smoke filtration via MAX2 filter (Full-size HEPA + Carbon).
- Auto mode that accurately adjusts the fan speed based on room air quality.
- Light/ sleep mode that automatically tones down the noise and speed when the room is dark.
- Separate Pre-filter and MAX2 lifespan indicator that based on real-time usage.
- Timer + advanced scheduler for 7 days customizable on and off setting (via IoCare app).
- Highly legible and accurate real-time air quality monitor.
- Standard 5 years manufacturer warranty.
- All Airmega air purifiers are expensive. This is the most expensive version of its series.
- Filter replacement cost is high although Max2 set consists of both HEPA and Carbon filter.
- Slight learning curve on Wi-Fi connectivity especially for first time user.
- No Ionizer as an option.
- Timer is only accessible via Airmega app.
Complete list of Airmega air purifier reviewedIn no particular order, here is our most recent list of Airmega reviews: Airmega 400, Airmega 300, Airmega 400S, Airmega 300S, click on the link below to learn more.
Explore all Airmega models
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)FAQ
There is an odor coming from my brand new Airmega air purifier.
Does Airmega air purifier cool or warm the air?
Can I leave Airmega air purifier on all the time?
Will Airmega air purifier work as humidifier or dehumidifier?
How many speed does Airmega air purifier has?
Does Airmega produce ozone?
What is the smallest microorganism Airmega air purifier can capture?
Where is the best location for Airmega air purifier?
How noisy is Airmega air purifier?
Is Airmega 120V? Can I use s U.S. spec Airmega in other country?
How often do I need to replace the Max2 filter in Airmega?
How do I replace the filter in Airmega air purifier?
Can I connect my Airmega air purifier to multiple smartphones?
I have more than one Airmega installed at home. Can I connect to multiple products?
What happen if I change my router? Do I need to redo the Airmega pairing again?
Why I can’t connect my Airmega with my phone after following all the steps?
My Wi-Fi network doesn’t show up at all.
Why can’t I scan the product barcode?
Help! I forget my Wi-Fi router password.
Where can I find the troubleshooting guide for the Airmega air purifier?
Why is my Airmega Wi-Fi connection cut off frequently?
Why isn’t my city appearing in the Outdoor Air Quality index?
How to change Airmega to a new time zone?
I did not receive any filter change/clean notifications update on my app even though the indicator light is showing on Airmega?
Wi-Fi indicator light occasionally blink. What does it mean?
Why there is no beeping sound when I press the Wi-Fi icon and Light icon together for the pairing?
Airmega isn’t responding to command from the app/ Remote control function not working.
There is delay on command sent from the mobile app to the air purifier.
Why is the Indoor Air Quality indicator on my Airmega different from what the app is showing?
App does not show any changes on the filter lifetime level monitoring/ graph is showing flat.
Airmega doesn’t react according to the timer or scheduler settings in the app.
Ultimate Airmega Comparison Table
|Air Purifier||Filtration||Coverage||Score||Online Price|
|Airmega 300||4-stage||1256 sq. ft. (117 m2)||9|
|Airmega 300S||4-stage||1256 sq. ft. (117 m2)||9.1|
|Airmega 400||4-stage||1560 sq. ft. (145 m2)||8.8|
|Airmega 400S||4-stage||1560 sq. ft. (145 m2)||9|