About Rabbit Air ReviewSince 2004, Rabbit air has improved customers quality of life through advanced air purification system. Scour the globe for the best aspects of design that won't interfere with your living space. Every Rabbit air purifiers are carefully built and inspected prior to shipment. With references and return customers accounting for more than 35% of the business, Rabbit Air adheres to its high quality of services.
Source: Rabbit Air's facebook
Getting to know Rabbit Air
Filters and Technologies
Overall airflow performance
Complete list of Rabbit Air air purifier reviewedIn no particular order, here is our most recent list of Rabbit Air reviews: Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-700A, Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-780A, Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 SPA-550A , Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 SPA-625A, Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-780N,
Which Rabbit Air air purifier to go for?
Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 550A is arguably the few modernistic air purifiers ever grace the earth. The simplistic design does not penalize the functionality in any way with big air inlet/ outlet and remote control holder. Its simple yet intuitive smart display controls plus a separate particle and odor sensor. Inside is the typical stage filtration that includes pre-filter, carbon filter, HEPA filter, and even an ion generator. Airflow delivery is also respectable that can cover most room size. All in all, a well-rounded model on par with other premium range air purifiers.There are few downsides for BioGS 2.0 and the first in our pick is definitely the cost over performance. It is around $100 more than competitor models yet no significant advantage in airflow performance and CADR. The overall value is also less convincing over the higher-spec version.
- Sleek, modern design and considerably compact for a high-end console unit.
- Four-stage filtration with 5 speed + Auto mode. Negative Ion Generator (Ionizer) that can be disabled.
- Low annual filter replacement cost from the long filter lifespan.
- Effective HEPA Filter and Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon Filter.
- Wide 550 sq m purifying coverage (2 air charges per hour).
- Active filter maintenance status bar with quarterly update on filter lifespan..
- Separate odor and particle sensor + adjustable Auto mode sensitivity.
- Full access, remote control ready.
- 5 years warranty including the BLDC motors.
- Expensive although many premium features does comes as standard.
- CADR is not at the most ideal level (below 200 cfm).
- Features like Negative Ions and timer is only accessible via remote control.
- Its bigger brother BioGS 2.0 SPA-625A offers better overall value (after discount).
Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 625A is the higher range version with better airflow area and clean air delivery rate. The extra power in coverage means more airborne pollutants and smoke will be removed at one go. Other than that, it is the exact model as BioGS 550A inside and out. A well-made, beautiful air purifier with all the sensors and filtration you ever need. The extra performance juice incur no extra cost on annual filter replacement cost.Between the 2 Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 models, we prefer 625A over 550A but you do have to top up even more for the upgrade. Certain controls like Negative Ion Generator or timer is only accessible via the remote control. If you already planning to cough up that much money, why not consider the even more powerful, 6-stage filtration Rabbit Air MinusA2?
- Sleek, compact minimalist design with indicator that only lights up when active.
- Very low annual filter replacement cost.
- 4-stage filtration with 5 speed including the optional Negative Ion Generator (Ionizer).
- Long-life HEPA Filter and effective Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon Filter (up to 3 years).
- Wide purifying coverage ideal for all room size.
- Detail filter status bar with quarterly update on filter usage lifespan.
- 3 selectable Auto mode sensitivity powered by the excellent odor and particle sensor.
- Highly functional remote control that has access to most functions.
- 5 years warranty including workmanship, labor and BLDC motors.
- Slightly expensive although most premium features comes standard.
- CADR particularly against smoke and odor is still not at the most ideal level.
- Negative Ions and timer features is only accessible via remote control.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-700A is a unique, wall-mountable, customizable panel air purifier. The superb 6-stage filtration consists of a Pre-filter, HEPA, Carbon, Medium filter, ionizer, and a customizable filter. For the customizable filter, you could either go with Germ Defense, Toxin Absorber, Pet Allergy or Odor Remover based on your concern. Other highlights SPA-700A include the obvious 700 sq. ft. coverage with average 200 cfm CADR, trio particle, odor and light sensor, 5 speed + Auto mode, and timer.There is a price to pay for the frame-based 6-stage filtration. Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-700A is still expensive despite being the “cheaper” version. It is also not light and the lack of Wi-Fi support means you have to rely on the conventional remote control to work.
- Comprehensive 6-stage filtration with all-round air inlet.
- Cheap annual filter replacement cost.
- Beautiful, wall-mountable square design with mood light color bar.
- Many customized front panel design to choose from (optional purchase).
- Effective trio front line filtration (Pre-filter, Medium and HEPA filter).
- Customizable filter, AC carbon filter and Ionizer to top if off the air purifier filtration depth.
- 5 fanspeed with strong airflow performance and purifying coverage.
- Trio sensors (Particle/ Odor/ Light) thus the existence of Air quality indicator and Auto mode.
- Sensitive and unobtrusive Sleep mode that will still adjust the fan speed based on surrounding air quality.
- Five-year warranty with free return if not satisfied.
- All the bells and whistle translate to a very expensive price tag.
- Airflow purifying coverage and CADR is not on par with the price you paid.
- Heavy for a wall-mountable air purifier (more than 19 lb).
The better version to SPA-700A, there are a lot of likable things on SPA-780A. For starter, you get all the features in Rabbit Air MinusA2 plus bump up performance on airflow and coverage with no added weight. It also uses the same 6-stage filtration that is excellent against microbes, smoke, and odors. If you have to purchase a designer panel from any MinusA2 models, it can be reused here. This is the perfect model in a living hall or equivalent space for both commercial and residential.Probably the thing that most people don't like about Rabbit Air MinusA2 is the pricing. This is before we account for the addon customizable panel. We are also not entirely sure if the extra $100 premium is worth choosing this over SPA-700A. If you don't need the mountable body, there are far cheaper options with better CADR and coverage.
- Full depth 6-stage filtration with improved airflow performance and coverage.
- Low filter replacement cost despite having many added filters.
- Beautiful, square design with mood light color bar.
- Wall-mountable with plenty of customized front panel design (optional purchase).
- Effective First line filtration (Pre-filter, Medium and HEPA filter).
- 4 Customizable filter options, AC carbon filter and Negative Ion Generator.
- 5 fanspeed with Auto/ Pollen/ Sleep mode.
- Separate Particle, odor and light sensor. Particle/ air quality sensors sensitivity can be adjusted.
- Sensitive Sleep mode that adjust the speed automatically when light is out.
- Five-year warranty with free return.
- All the added features helped push the price up to premium category.
- For the price you paid, there are better alternate options solely on coverage, CADR and airflow.
- Far from light despite being a wall-mountable unit with back wall-bracket.
Everybody has been rooting for a Wi-Fi enabled MinusA2 and your praying has been heard. Introducing 6-stage Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-780N Air Purifier. An enhanced version to the SPA-780A with Wi-Fi support. To enjoy the perk, you will need a smartphone and download the latest Rabbit Air App from App store or Google play. With that, you can now remotely monitor and control your air purifier through the comfort of your thumb. When we said remote, we mean really remote from a different building, in another office or outside of the country.Again cost plays a major role here and this is the most expensive Rabbit Air MinusA2 of all. If you have no use of the remote management, the lower 2 trim would be good enough for the majority of us.
- Comprehensive 6-stage filtration including Medium filter, HEPA filter and customized filter.
- Easily pair with most smartphones for advanced personalized setting.
- Dedicated activated carbon filter and Negative Ion Generator.
- Low annual filter replacement cost despite utilizing many filters.
- Unique square frame body that can be mounted to the wall.
- Many designer or classic art front panel design to choose from. Compatible with all MinusA2 air purifier.
- 5 selectable speed with Auto/ Pollen/ Sleep mode.
- Trio Particle, odor and light sensor with adjustable air quality sensitivity.
- Sleep mode activates automatically when there is no light source. Fan speed will still auto-adjust according to surrounding air quality.
- Five-year warranty that fully cover any manufacturer's defects.
- Over $600 MRSP starting price EXCLUDING any designer front panel or addon filter.
- There is still some fine-tuning needed on the app UI e.g. limited scheduling, air quality over time.
- Overall dust, pollen, and smoke CADR are OK but not over the top figures.
- Heavy for an air purifier designed to be mounted on the wall.
What Is Rabbit Air Negative Ion Generator?
Negative Ion Generator is technically an ionizer that emits negative ions into our surrounding air. The ions will latch to airborne positive ions causing the merged, heavier particles to fall. This allows the air purifier to pull in the fallen particles for the filter to capture.
Negative Ions is an invisible, odorless, tasteless molecules that are beneficial to our health. It can increase our blood flood circulation, speed up our recovery from injury, and improves our sleep. It is also known to alleviate stress, depression and boost mood serotonin.
Are Rabbit Air Purifiers Good?
Yes, particularly Rabbit Air MinusA2 series that comes with 6-stage filtration. It is quiet, efficient, support large room size, and aesthetically changeable. Most unique of all, it has a frame-based body that is mountable to a wall.
Here is the full list of airborne pollutants that can be removed by Rabbit Air.
- Dust, dust mites, skin flakes
- Household odor from cooking and bathroom
- Chemical, pesticides, substances e.g. Ammonia, Asbestos, Formaldehyde, volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Exhaust gas, Carbon Monoxide (CO), greenhouse gases (NOx & SOx)
- Tobacco and cigarette smoke
- Pet dander, pet hair, and odor
- Fungi e.g. mold, mildew, pollen, spore
- Germs, bacteria, and viruses
What Rabbit Air Replacement Filter Do I Need?
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ
Does The Rabbit Air Purifier Emit Ozone?
There is no ozone emission because it relies on the mechanical filter for its filtration. However, with the negative ion generator on, Rabbit Air will produce ozone but at a very insignificant level. For example, MinusA2 only recorded 0.002 ppm of ozone with the negative ion generator on. That's 25 times less than 0.05 ppm maximum ozone concentration safety guideline by the CARB. BioGS 2.0 is twice as low at only of 0.001 ppm recorded or 50 times less than CARB ozone concentration safety standard.
Can I Fit In More Than One Customized Filter For Rabbit Air MinusA2?
You can only fit in one customized filter at a time. However, you can purchase additional filters and switch them as needed. The 4 types of customized filters include Germ Defense, Toxin Absorber, Pet Allergy, and Odor Remover. Every filter is customized for specific types of pollutants concern.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 VS BioGS: What Is The Differences?
There are many dissimilarities but the key differences are MinusA2 comes with 2 additional filters. You have a medium filter and a customizable filter where you could choose one of the four filters to tackle a specific type of pollutants. Other than that, BioGS is a classic, 4-stage console air purifier. MinusA2 is a wall-mountable, frame-based air purifier. It comes with additional Sleep mode, mood light, and a swappable front panel with many different designs.
How Is BioGS HEPA Filter Different From Regular HEPA Filter?
BioGS HEPA filter uses Bio-Engineer fiber material that gradually reduces allergens on the filter. This ensures the filter maintains the highest efficiency throughout its lifespan. Compare that with a conventional HEPA filter. The trapped allergens will gradually take up the filter space and decrease the efficiency over time.
How Do You Install A Rabbit Air Filter (MinusA2)?
Turn off and unplug the air purifier. Then remove the front panel by pulling up from the bottom. Remove the old filters by grasping on both sides of the handles and pulling forward. Replace it with the new filters in the following order: Activated Carbon Filter, Customized Filter, BioGS HEPA Filter, Medium Filter, Pre-Filter. Remember to remove the new filters plastic wrapping first before returning the filter. Reattach the front panel by latching the top hooks follow by securing the bottom of the panel.
How Do You Install A Rabbit Air Filter (BioGS 2.0)?
Turn off and unplug the air purifier from a power outlet first. Remove the front panel by lifting from bottom and pulling it up. The pre-filter will be first in the line of the filtration, pinch the top 2 tabs to pull out the pre-filter. Then follow by pulling out the carbon and HEPA filter. Remove the new filter plastic wrapping and discard the old filters. Replace it with the new filter in the following order: HEPA filter, carbon filter, and pre-filter. Reattach the front panel from the top first before securing the bottom.
How Often Do I Need To Replace Rabbit Air Filters?
1–3 years lifespan for Rabbit Air BioGS filter. 1-2 years lifespan for Rabbit Air MinusA2 filter. The differences are depending on the indoor air quality and operation hours. Most people will replace all the filters at one go and we recommend doing so too for easier bookkeeping.
How Do I Reset My Rabbit Air Filter?
For Rabbit Air MinusA2, press and hold the mode button for 3 seconds would reset the replace filters indicator. For BioGS, press and hold the Filter Reset Button for 5 seconds to reset the Filter Life. Remember to change the filter first before performing any resetting.
Ultimate Comparison Table
|Air Purifier||Filtration||Coverage||Score||Online Price (Amazon)|
|Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 SPA-550A||4-stage||550 sq. ft. (51 m2)||8.7|
|Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 SPA-625A||4-stage||625 sq. ft. (58 m2)||8.8|
|Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-700A||6-stage||700 sq. ft. (65 m2)||9.1|
|Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-780A||6-stage||815 sq. ft. (76 m2)||9.1|
|Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-780N||6-stage||815 sq. ft. (76 m2)||9.2|